Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Amavi used this season to get his fitness back, he didn't care how we fared - time to move on for sure.

Sorry but this utter bollox he had major offers to leave if he wanted to push for it but he decided to stay loyal for a season given the support he was shown by fans and the club. 

He has looked poor due to the way Bruce sets up the team and coming back after suffering an horrific injury. 

He will go on and be a great player in Spain for sure. Shame it didn't work out for him and us. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Amavi on his own will be 10 at the least.  Maybe 15.  Which is a shame because we allegedly turned down 25 in January.  Veretout I agree with @markavfc40 would be in the 4-6 range, hopefully the '6' part :)  Sanchez 2 or 3.  Cissokho seems to be out of contract so that's a zero.  Basically I would expect at the very minimum to have £20m to spend and that's only assuming a minimum of additions from other areas.  Players like Tshibola, Elphick & (fingers crossed) McCormack might well bump that up further.

I'd be amazed, his value based on last season should have declined rather than appreciated. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd be amazed, his value based on last season should have declined rather than appreciated. 

If we turned down 25 in January (according to Tony) then the above valuations aren't unreasonable.  In fact the 10 is probably pessimistic given that his form after January was more encouraging than his form before it.

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

If we turned down 25 in January (according to Tony) then the above valuations aren't unreasonable.  In fact the 10 is probably pessimistic given that his form after January was more encouraging than his form before it.

Bids from China are in a different stratosphere, not really any sort of benchmark IMO, I'd be surprised if we got more than £6m. Obviously I hope we get as much as possible for him and in so doing will be massively mugging his new club off. Selling a £4m player for >£10m would be incredible business. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bids from China are in a different stratosphere, not really any sort of benchmark IMO

There's nothing stopping Chinese clubs from bidding again in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd be surprised if we got more than £6m. Obviously I hope we get as much as possible for him and in so doing will be massively mugging his new club off. Selling a £4m player for >£10m would be incredible business. 

You mustn't rate him if you value him at £4m.  If the papers are right and the likes of Atlético, Napoli & Liverpool are showing an interest in him then I think it's reasonable to think clubs like that would probably be paying over £6m for someone they think could improve them.

But either way it doesn't matter what we think.  Let's see what happens.  I think it's probably a safe bet that he'll end up going somewhere.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

There's nothing stopping Chinese clubs from bidding again in the summer.

You mustn't rate him if you value him at £4m.  If the papers are right and the likes of Atlético, Napoli & Liverpool are showing an interest in him then I think it's reasonable to think clubs like that would probably be paying over £6m for someone they think could improve them.

But either way it doesn't matter what we think.  Let's see what happens.  I think it's probably a safe bet that he'll end up going somewhere.

Last season I watched a player who didn't distinguish himself as anywhere near among the best left backs in this league, so I see £4m as a fair price, hopefully we get a lot more, based on the stupidity of other teams. 

I think we've already been shown to be much much better on outgoings. I think we've pulled together some good deals on loans out and on top of that some very good sales of players, particularly in January 

• Like 2

Amavi will probably fetch in the region of 12m-15m. I can't see Villa selling him for anything less than that after receiving an apparent bid of 25m and I fancy he will go to Liverpool. Vertout, Sanchez and Tish will probably bring in around 8m-9m combined. Can't see much more coming in other than a certain amount off the wage bill due to loans.

Totting that up it's not a bad amount to spend in the Championship but will it be enough to bring in what Villa really need to gain promotion?

Thats why I feel Bruce will definitely utilize the loan market more than previous Villa managers this summer although he'll have his work cut out fighting with Redknapp.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Amavi will probably fetch in the region of 12m-15m. I can't see Villa selling him for anything less than that after receiving an apparent bid of 25m and I fancy he will go to Liverpool. Vertout, Sanchez and Tish will probably bring in around 8m-9m combined. Can't see much more coming in other than a certain amount off the wage bill due to loans.

Totting that up it's not a bad amount to spend in the Championship but will it be enough to bring in what Villa really need to gain promotion?

Thats why I feel Bruce will definitely utilize the loan market more than previous Villa managers this summer although he'll have his work cut out fighting with Redknapp.

If it's 3 or 4 quality players they are after as claimed, and 25 mill isn't enough to get them, after spending 80 mill in the championship last season, something is terribly wrong.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BOF said:

I thought his form after the bid was made public got much worse. Literally the game after the news broke (think it was Burton) he was abysmal. He's looked out of his depth in the championship. I hope scouts are looking at potential still with him because he's been so unimpressive in a villa shirt. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I thought his form after the bid was made public got much worse. Literally the game after the news broke (think it was Burton) he was abysmal. He's looked out of his depth in the championship. I hope scouts are looking at potential still with him because he's been so unimpressive in a villa shirt. 

Exactly this. He suffered from the turn of the year. It didn't help Bruce not trusting him and dropping him as soon as Taylor landed. He's got the potential to be a top player. He needs coaching to improve and for that alone his best to move on. Let's hope there's a nutty Chinese side knocking about. 

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We will be lucky to get the money we paid back for Amavi

Agreed. The difficulty with Amavi is that he is way behind Taylor for the left back slot and he's crap on the wing, so one suspects he'd be the 4th/5th choice winger. 

All in all, you've got a player that won't want to sit on the bench in the championship, and club that has made it clear that it needs to sell. 

I'm not saying we'll give the bloke away, but the cards are stacked against us. In our situation we won't be turning down reasonable offers for a crap back up left back. 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If it's 3 or 4 quality players they are after as claimed, and 25 mill isn't enough to get them, after spending 80 mill in the championship last season, something is terribly wrong.

Villa did well in signing Hourihane and Lansbury for minimal amounts due to state of contract but quality in the Championship still costs upwards on 10m so if Bruce is looking to bring in 3-4 players then based on reasonable valuations on what is available for transfer Bruce is going to struggle to do that.

However it could be that Bruce is targeting loans as well and if that is so then there shouldn't be a problem.

Surely a DM is a priority?

As soon as Jedinak gets injured look how bad we are, are we going to be relying on Gardner again?

I don't want to see Hourihane or Lansbury playing that deep 

• Like 2

I take a 'prevention rather than cure' attitude towards Jedinak. We look crap without him because the defence is crap. Sort out the defence and then bring in a ball playing DM like Huddlestone rather than a out and out ball winner to babysit the defence