Pre-match thread

John

On 3/21/2017 at 10:23, BOF said:

Their recent problem is that they draw too much.  Sound familiar?  They've only lost 3 of their last 15 games, yet in this inconsistent league that has only moved them from 12th to 8th, and has cost them a manager in the process.

They score a lot of goals.  They're 3rd overall and they're top scorers at home.  Only 9th away though.

Fixtures involving Norwich contain the most goals of any team in the division (121) and that trend is even moreso away from Carrow Road, so maybe back over 2.5 (their away games AVERAGE 3.26 goals).

They've only failed to score 6 times this season which is the best in the league.  They're also best away from home where they've only failed 4 times.

Where they're not so good is at keeping clean sheets.  9 all season and 2 away from home (compared to Brighton's 19).  They've also lost over half of their away games.  10 from 19, and the most recent 3 mentioned above were all away from home including Rotherham of all places.

So we can say they blow hot and cold but they give the opposition chances.  Our recent defensive upturn should stand us in good stead and if we can take some of the chances that come our way then I think we can continue on our winning run.

3-1 Villa.

43fb47f4f109acde47c7ecddcb54cfc5.png

That run in! Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Like 3

Just now, Hairdo said:

That run in! Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

You're not wrong!  If they get playoffs then they'll have damn well earned it!

On 25/03/2017 at 14:26, TheAuthority said:

I was at Ugo's debut in '92 against Norwich which we lost 3-2. He basically gave them 2 goals with terrible back-passes. Ron had been bigging him up before the game but he looked like he was going to be a disaster that afternoon! 

Wasn't his debut. He had played at least three times that season off the bench. I remember his 1st that season v Soton, he looked like a baby giraffe learning to stand up he was that nervous. What a great siging for £40k from Baggies he was though

On 27/03/2017 at 13:09, BOF said:

You're not wrong!  If they get playoffs then they'll have damn well earned it!

We are the only team they have to play that they have beaten this season, so yes it would be well earned

12 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Wasn't his debut. He had played at least three times that season off the bench. I remember his 1st that season v Soton, he looked like a baby giraffe learning to stand up he was that nervous. What a great siging for £40k from Baggies he was though

Possibly his 1st start then?

Agree he was a great servant - although that peno against Tranmere was terrible. Worse than Southgate's for England:D

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Possibly his 1st start then?

Agree he was a great servant - although that peno against Tranmere was terrible. Worse than Southgate's for England:D

1st start was league cup win le Arse earlier that season, at right back.... pedantry mode off :)

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

My prediction for this one would have been a 2-1 win.

However, I've just bought my ticket, so 0-1 defeat is far more likely now.

give it away then selfish!

• Like 1