17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Clash of the Bottlers?

Because to be fair, we could be called "Bottlers" ourselves.

We were where Cardiff were and threw it away in a week of shite.

We’ve taken 25 points from the last 30 - hardly bottlers.

fulham and Preston are both form teams too and very hard to beat .  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Clash of the Bottlers?

Bit Harsh, lost to the best team in the league and drew to an underestimated Preston who were better on the night.

Just shows how consistent you need to be up here.  

If Fulham dont slip up its their automatic place, as we will at some point!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Clash of the Bottlers?

Bwahaha - I know those two results weren’t palatable but we were missing two of our three most influential attacking players in Grealish and Adomah. 

If that makes us bottlers so be it. 

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

You dropped 2 against  them you mean as you were at home , we beat you and Fulham at villa park and we need to win our last 6 home games in my opinion and a couple away , 

Took 4 points from our games against them this season, which won't be bettered by many.

Think they led against us and we equalised, the points were never ours to drop (I do see your point mind)

Edited by JamesBCFC

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Took 4 points from our games against them this season, which won't be bettered by many.

Think they led against us and we equalised, the points were never ours to drop (I do see your point mind)

Yes but we have a manager who can flick the ball all ove the gaff  - your boss said so , by the way ask him where we both are now in the table :)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bwahaha - I know those two results weren’t palatable but we were missing two of our three most influential attacking players in Grealish and Adomah. 

If that makes us bottlers so be it. 

This really was the case, Adomah and Grealish had become indispensable and we had to scrap for these points. With both back fit we have every chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

This really was the case, Adomah and Grealish had become indispensable and we had to scrap for these points. With both back fit we have every chance. 

I’m starting to think we may need 90 points to get 2nd place . 

We should put out some feelers that we are looking to sign Sessegnon and Cairney next season....just to ruffle their feathers.

About 3 million each should be enough to annoy them!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

We should put out some feelers that we are looking to sign Sessegnon and Cairney next season....just to ruffle their feathers.

About 3 million each should be enough to annoy them!

Think you missed a 0 of the end nige ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Think you missed a 0 of the end nige ;)

Not if you listen to any red tops. Championship players are dirt cheap!

30 million would be enough to buy them...which is not the point!:)

Edited by Nigel

40 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Bit Harsh, lost to the best team in the league and drew to an underestimated Preston who were better on the night.

Just shows how consistent you need to be up here.  

If Fulham dont slip up its their automatic place, as we will at some point!

Funny how we ALWAYS have an excuse, with the most expensive squad in the League.

Either "They are the form team in the League" "They are the best team in the League" "If they had the injuries we did" "Even Wolves drew with them last week" "It's always difficult at their ground, especially on a cold Tuesday night" and the cow jumped over the moon, every time we throw away points/positions.

If i'm being frank, shit team selections/setup and bad judgement have seen us throw away points when we shouldn't have.

How are there so many "better, best" teams than us when we have spent more money than all of them. lol

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funny how we ALWAYS have an excuse, with the most expensive squad in the League.

Either "They are the form team in the League" "They are the best team in the League" "If they had the injuries we did" "Even Wolves drew with them last week" "It's always difficult at their ground, especially on a cold Tuesday night" and the cow jumped over the moon, every time we throw away points/positions.

If i'm being frank, shit team selections/setup and bad judgement have seen us throw away points when we shouldn't have.

How are there so many "better, best" teams than us when we have spent more money than all of them. lol

First we are not the most expensive, Sunderland, Middlesborough, and Wolves have spent similar, and Cardiff are not far behind. 

So using your reckoning of money spent we should be in the top 5, so we are doing better than we should.

In reality money does not guarantee you anything.

We have no right to being the best team no matter the money we have spent.

The best team are the team that win the most.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funny how it’s always an excuse to get a oneway ticket to hyperbole city too, where being overly negative is the only positive!

it was a blip after a tremendous run of straight wins and losing two key players certainly had a hand in those results.

as ‘excuses’ go, it’s not bad.

I’m certainly not as miffed at those two results as others earlier in the season when we were disjointed and not playing to our potential as I feel we have the ability to continue our recovery to winning ways.

but ‘lol’ as you say.... :( 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

For me now it’s been us Fulham and Cardiff for second. If Fulham stay injury free I can’t see them them not finishing 2nd they are on absolute fire and played all the good sides. We still have wolves Cardiff and derby.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If Fulham are 2nd by last two games we won’t be finishing second. They have Sunderland home and blose away. Two of the easiest games you want.

while we have derby at home and millwall away

Fulham are the only team that I'm absolutely convinced we wouldn't get past in the play offs. The likes of Cardiff, Derby, Bristol City etc would provide a stern test but one I believe we could possibly overcome but Fulham would run out comfortable, either over two legs or in a final, should we get there. 

• Like 1