Neil Taylor

One For The Road

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As things stand I'd have him in over Amavi. 100%. He'd have to go some to be as bad as Amavi has been this last month. 

I agree, but thats like a vote for trump to all the Vters that fancy Amavi.

not a populist shout, but One I share.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree, but thats like a vote for trump to all the Vters that fancy Amavi.

not a populist shout, but One I share.

What if having competition for his place was the kick in the hole that Amavi needed :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DANNY_DYER said:

Amazing how many fans we have who are suddenly experts on Neil Taylor and specifically watched him and noted his deficiencies as you do. 

He has played maybe 100 times in the Premier League. Not to mention for Wales. Hardly people talking up some Spanish 2nd division player. 

• Like 2

2016:

You’ve been playing well personally, despite the team’s troubles. In fact, Alan Curtis echoed a lot of people’s thoughts when he said he thought you were the player of the year so far in terms of consistency. What’s your thoughts on that?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-taylor-would-prefer-not-10673026

2015:

Wales defender Neil Taylor has signed a new four-year contract with Swansea City.

Taylor, 26, had a year left on his previous deal and had attracted interest from West Brom, Aston Villa, Real Sociedad and Crystal Palace.

The Eagles had a bid for the left-back rejected in January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32864842

Actually, sounds like the Swansea fans are pricks towards him. Low on confidence because they boo him.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-exactly-swansea-citys-best-12297875

Clearly short on confidence right now after receiving a volley of criticism from the Jack Army. However, Taylor is the only Swansea defender who came out of the 5-0 defeat by Spurs with any credit. He has become something of a scapegoat and desperately needs to find his best form. But he has more Premier League experience than any other Swansea defender and that should not be forgotten.

Boo a player and expect a performance? You're a tit.

Really don't think this is a particularly amazing move if it goes ahead. Especially if it's £5m and Taylor for Ayew!
Hard worker who has always come across a nice enough lad but isn't physically strong and it hampers him in the Prem. Though of course we're not in the Prem so maybe I'll shut up!!!!

Also I've only really seen him against the bigger teams and for Wales as I rarely watch a Swansea vs Watford type of game.
Perhaps a Swans fan will venture into the forum....though as I understand it they've moved him on as they have younger talent....tis frustrating that we can't put a youth player up for that position.....

Potentially a commercially savvy move.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Â