Ratings and Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

For a team who can't score a goal for love or money , the whole RHM saga sure looks like a bad managerial decision .

Regardless of his demands, he seems like a safer bet than anyone else we have on offer at this present time .

Has he even had a shot on target playing for the first team?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Godders said:

To be fair to him, I seem to remember seeing he did try to resign, but the club wouldn't accept it. 

He didn't try very hard did he?

Seriously - he's the only one that has ever talked publicly about his 'resignation'. Once you resign you've had enough, it's final. Saying the club wouldn't accept it is absolute bollocks - they don't have any choice if you quit! No employer has a choice if you say "I resign with immediate effect."

He was happy to keep taking the money and waited for a pay off. F*** him.

• Like 1

What can I say? Friday, even as dire as it looked, I still had hope. Win tomorrow, get the midfielders we so desperately need, and we will rise up the table, eventually getting into that elusive play off position. Its as good as done and very easy to think when you have hope.

But after watching...whatever the f### that was....hope is a cynical mocking bitch, like thinking about what you would do when you won the lottery. We are not getting promoted. We are not playing football to win games. We are a mid table championship team, and it is going to take a lot of effort and patience to improve on that. We have become Leeds, QPR, Nottingham, Wednesday, and like several other teams that used to be great in their day, and now we are unpacking the boxes and settling into our new home in the Championship.

Hope makes you believe there is some truth to the fantasy, but reality is the bastard stepdad that punches you in the face to wake you up.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, romavillan said:

Lambert is a decent manager, the club was total poison when he came in and fell totally to pieces when he left. 

Yes I couldn't agree with you more did a decent job  in really tough conditions ,think he will be a better manager after his tine at villa.

11 hours ago, peterms said:

What I don't get is how people like McCormack, Jedinak, Elphick can be so poor.

McCormack has a very good record in the division.  Palace fans still want Jedinak back.  Elphick played a leading role in pulling Bournemouth up, and looked good for us the first couple of games.

What's happening to these players?

EVERY new player will be infected by the shit that is Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Cissokho, Westwood, Gardner, Gaby & Kozak, closely followed by the ever worsening Elphick, Amavi, Jedi & Bacuna in training at BMH.

The ONLY solution is

GK SJ or Experienced GK

RB New Signing

CB's Chester/Baker NS as cover

LB NS

DM NS

CM's NS x3

RW Adomah

LW NS

AM McC/Ayew/Grealish

CF Kodjia/NS

Bunn, Hutton, Cissokho, Westwood, Gardner, Gaby & Kozak Bombsquad

Use Elphick, Amavi, Jedi, Bacuna + U23's as make ups for team training

Get the cancerous out

At the moment our biggest problem is the basics ,the amount of times we give away the ball is frightening ,we are very easy to play against teams are pressing up on us knowing that we will either give the ball away or be forced to lump it forward to 2 strikers who are running in the air it doesn't take a genus to set up against us at the minute ,we need to get the basics right need to mind the ball much better.Promotion isn't really a runner and honestly we aren't ready for PL football anyway .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, striker said:

After watching that this evening I feel it may be in Villa's best interests not to get promoted this season. Even with a few new additions just imagine the bulk of that squad in the Premiership next season. Sure fire relegation again and possibly the lowest points total ever. Not sure the club could recover from that in it's present condition?

Bruce needs to be given time to not only rebuild the squad into a competitive unit but to rid the club off the shower of shite that is currently there. It is certainly going to take more than one January window to do that and it may actually take two seasons in the Championship before Villa are ready to face the elite again and stabilise in the Premiership.

This is not easy for me to write because since I've joined this forum it is Villa's result I look for first now rather than Everton.

I was also very moved by the tribute to former manager Taylor from both Villa and Wolves fans. Both sets of fans did their clubs and indeed Taylor proud. Now we need the players to do the same.

Sad to say it mate but you are probably right.

We do not have a hope in he'll of going up this season.  Would love to know why it seems to be so hard for one of our players to pass to another. I had a good view last night as I as the top  of the stand & was so angry to see how utterly inept we are. We need a couple of midfielders who know how to pass & need to pray tha the Ivory Coast get knocked out of ACON asap as I cannot see us scoring .                                  On a plus note the stewards were fantastic with me, letting me use the service lift & showing me to my seat. 

Edited by Villaninireland
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Spot on.

Let's stop with our mantra we are a big club

Let's stop with the entitlement of being in the Premier League

Let's stop demanding instant success

Let's start admitting who we are and where we are

Let's build our foundations before trying to put the roof on top

Let's get behind current manager/owner and give them a proper chance to do something

We need to learn to walk again before we can ever dream of running again

No one wants more pain but that it was we are in for if we are to get back to glory days

Amen

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

EVERY new player will be infected by the shit that is Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Cissokho, Westwood, Gardner, Gaby & Kozak, closely followed by the ever worsening Elphick, Amavi, Jedi & Bacuna in training at BMH.

The ONLY solution is

GK SJ or Experienced GK

RB New Signing

CB's Chester/Baker NS as cover

LB NS

DM NS

CM's NS x3

RW Adomah

LW NS

AM McC/Ayew/Grealish

CF Kodjia/NS

Bunn, Hutton, Cissokho, Westwood, Gardner, Gaby & Kozak Bombsquad

Use Elphick, Amavi, Jedi, Bacuna + U23's as make ups for team training

Get the cancerous out

Not much then .

• Like 1

Just got back to Doncaster from coming down to see the game. I've never been to a local derby before but that was as flat as a game as I have ever been to. Beats the Bolton 0-2 in the cup for me. Utter dross.

Johnstone - looked a decent addition last week. Made a glaring error for the goal. 4

Hutton. At least he tried. He is rubbish though. Really rubbish. 4

Chester. Not his usual decent performance but still made some decent tackles. 5

Elphick. Made some important tackles early on but he's not good enough. 4

Amavi. One moment of brilliance. The rest I want to forget. 2

Jedinak. Game completely passed him by and gave away the ball cheaply. 2

Tshibola. A lot of huff n puff but very little guile. 3

Adomah. His worst performance to date. 3

McCormack. Quite like Ross, but he was awful. 2

Bacuna. Again. Another who at least looks half arsed but has no quality. 4

Agbonlahor. I can't remember one contribution. 1

Grealish. Did not effect the game one bit. 3

Green. MOTM. Came on and looked like he wanted to actually achieve something. Went forward at every available opportunity. 6

Davies. Not on long enough

Bruce. At no point did that team look like they had any clue what they were supposed to be doing. No reaction after HT. 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Technically we could go down and technically we could go up but neither are very likely at all.

of course.

i think we need to sign AT LEAST 2 QUALITY players this month , just to stay mid table.

to reach playoffs we will need 4/5 new quality players.

we have a poor squad with at the most a handful of promotion quality players , which is just not enough .

we are outplayed in almost every game , which means we will finish bottom 6 , possibly bottom 3.

its clear to me from bruce's body language that he knows this. 

Edited by jackdaww
red ink not allowed

24 minutes ago, jackdaww said:

of course.

i think we need to sign AT LEAST 2 QUALITY players this month , just to stay mid table.

to reach playoffs we will need 4/5 new quality players.

we have a poor squad with at the most a handful of promotion quality players , which is just not enough .

we are outplayed in almost every game , which means we will finish bottom 6 , possibly bottom 3.

its clear to me from bruce's body language that he knows this. 

And yet our form this season has seen us mid-table. Since Bruce came in our form has been top 10.

It's not any sort of achievement but people really need to stop being so melodramatic. We're not going down.

Oh and just on a bit of an off point...... I reiterate that being at a game doesn't necessarily make anyone's opinion more valid than say if they watched it on TV.

I swear it took half the villa fans twenty  mins or so to realise Nathan baker weren't even playing.......

All together now..... Nathan bakers magic :cheers::crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â