Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

1 minute ago, gatecrasha said:

flabby gabby-why???

a striker who doesn't score goals 

Doesn't even nearly score, not like "oh he was unlucky today" or "he deserved a goal for that performance".

Just useless, adds absolutely nothing. villa could play anyone with a contract over the age of 16 up there and they'd offer more, even a goalkeeper.

• Like 3

Awful performance, do these lot actually train with each other? Misplaced passes, absolutely no desire and Gabby really? we need to get busy in this window because those bunch of losers will keep us in the championship for the next few years. I might be wrong but the look on Bruce 's face when the cameras zoomed in on him about 80 minutes in, looked like he was ready to commit murder.  

Awful. Summed up by Hutton being our biggest 'threat'.

Voted very poor for Bruce for inexplicably leaving Gabby on for the whole game and very poor for the ref because he let so many challenges go for them then booked Bacuna for his first foul. Also missed a penalty shout.

We wouldn't have deserved a point though. I don't understand Jedinak. Need Lansbury and Hourihane in (if they are to sign) against Preston.

Hope Bristol City win their replay midweek as we need as few games as possible without Kodjia.

Really dreadful performance where we created one chance the whole game. It cant be just down to the players there has to be question marks about the management and coaching. WTF is he doing picking Gabby who could play for 3000 hours and still not look like scoring. At least McCormack gets into positions but Gabby he's a waste of time.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

Bruce must take responsibility for this.  Not for the first time he picked the wrong team.  

It's 2017, and he gave Gabby 90mins. The mins boggles. 

Alan Hutton was our best player!

I also want to know why we sold Gestede at the very time we needed him.  

If someone honestly offered upwards of £10million for Amavi we'd be mad not to sell him.  

• Like 4

How on earth can you feel sorry for Bruce. Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. When did we last play well? When did we last score from open play? Not good enough. He's had these players long enough to stamp his mark. For those of you that lauded Bruce, this is what you get. Poor, Boring Villa..

• Like 3

Johnstone - 5 - mistake for goal, ok the rest

Hutton - 4 - awful going forward, distribution awful, one or two last ditch tackles

Elphick - 4 - panics,  can't pass, weak on ball - an awful signing

Chester - 7 - Stand out player, but can't hold us together by himself

Amavi - 6 - awful lazy defending, occasional amazing attacks

Jedinak - 1 - he was on the pitch...passed to Wolves player every time. Not hyberbole or intense anger; worst midfielder we've ever had. I genuinely belive that.

Tshibola - 4 - works hard, lacks skill or composure.

Adomah - 5 - thinks he's a world beater, takes on to many in attack. Offers nothing otherwise.

Bacuna - 4 - see above but take away the ability to beat a man

McCormack - 5 - still getting no service but devoidof confidence and should be hitting target with header

Gabby - 6 - Ran his ass off, flicked on balls to no one and didn't threaten at all. The UKs least potent striker?

Grealish - 3 - came on, did nothing. Our superstar player can't even get in a struggling Championship team

Green/ Davis - 5 - didn't stand a chance, did nothing of note good or bad.

Bruce - 2 - no excuse to start Gabby/ Jedinak ever. Poor substitutions, having minimal impact on performance.

These team is approximately 6 players from being a play off team and 10 from being an automatic promotion team. Elphick can't defend, Jedinak can't play football and Gabby can't score. We then supplement that with Hutton and Bacuna who can't think and Adomah and Grealish who think they're 1000 times better than they are.

Based on where we are, we're YEARS from being promoted.

• Like 4

Johnstone - At fault for goal, didn't have much else to do. Is he any better/experienced than Gollini?

Hutton - Only one that seemed to try and our most attacking threat. Shame he has very little footballing ability. 

Amavi - He's either tremendous or horrendous. 

Chester - Our best player by a mile.

Elphick - Did ok but so slow.

Jedinak - Interceptions and headers excellent. Everything else is pathetic. He's the type of player you want to bring on last 20 mins to close a game out (if we were ever winning).

Tsibola - I like him when he's got the ball. Such an anti running player though. 

Bacuna - Terrible 

Adomah - ok

Gabby - Terrible footballer.

McCormack - if he's worth 12 million I'm worth 13. Shocking footballer. 

Green - Very nice.

Grealish - over rated and lightweight.

So dissapointing. I'd say we are 8-9 Chesters short of even wanting back in the Prem. 

• Like 1

Â