Ratings and Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

The latest in an increasingly long line in pointlessly shit performances. Pathetic to a man. Where is the leadership? Where is the plan? Where is the management? I cant see it. Will new players make a difference under the same manager? 

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

if we don't sign some new players i'm done watching these spineless **** every week

Too late now for thiS season - we were 4 adrift and In wiTh a shout at new year - now 10 adrift and game over and still no new signings in midfield and a powderpuff attack .

I actually feel sorry for Bruce. What he has inherited is the same gutless attitude that has plagued our club for years.

Turn that performance in against PNE next week and the fans will turn big time on that bunch of tossers who claim to be professional footballers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Lamberk can go F*** himself. Running around and shouting. He used to sit on the bench and mumble nothing to anyone thinking about counting Lerners money. If he had any class he would have resigned or called the chairman out. He is a rocket polisher.

To be fair to him, I seem to remember seeing he did try to resign, but the club wouldn't accept it. 

• Like 3

Local derby, no shots on target, no fight or passion?  Even if we lack a striker, the minimum I expect is that you give the opposition a game and we didn't.  Disgraceful.  Promotion is out of the window and we now plan for next year, but in the meantime I'm done with this team ruining my weekends. 

• Like 4

Oh look, our young inexperienced goalkeeper is making mistakes like the other young inexperienced goalkeeper we signed in the summer...

It's starting to also dawn on me that the following aren't good enough, even for the championship: 

Hutton, Jedinak, Elphick, Bacuna, Adomah, McCormack.

As things stand, we have decent players in Kodjia, Chester, Amavi and Baker. The rest are awful. Like, really bad. SAD!

• Like 1

Awful to lose to a midlands team

Made worse by losing to a Lambert team

Made even worse by having old Lambert favourites in our line-up, makes me ask how much has been learned since he left. How much longer will Hutton be allowed past the half-way line? How many more times will we count on Gabby's first touch? When we will stop trying to find the right position for Bacuna?

• Like 1

When do people start looking at Bruce and not the players? We're regressing. Of course the only solution he knows is to spend more which will bail him out to some extent but he is a poor long-term choice and he is not setting us up to win games despite spending the most in the division. No excuses. Midfield is poor but rest of the side is very good at this level and he is not playing his best players nor getting them fit.

McCormack was the best player in the Champ last season and better under Di Matteo, yet his fitness and performances have regressed. That comes down to the manager.

Starting Gabby over Grealish - there is not a single legitimate reason this is justifiable.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 2

Seem some crap over the past few years but this was a whole new level of dullness!

To stand any chance of the play offs we had to get people in early during the 2 week league break, we didn't prepare and will now pay the price.

Would need a miracle to reach play offs now more likely to be nearer the bottom than the top!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Johnstone (5) - didn't cover himself in glory for the goal, otherwise okay.

Hutton (6) - saw loads of the ball, always made sure he was involved, I'm not sure that's a good thing, but he's a trier.

Chester (6) - alright

Elphick (6) - alright I suppose

Amavi (6) - mixed bag, some stuff brilliant, some stuff awful

Jedinak (4) - headers and giving the ball away - standard

Tshibola (5) - I don't get him, he operates in such a small area of the field, looks like he can run, I can't say I've ever actually seen him do it though

Adomah (6) - always keen, for me probably our best player

Bacuna (5) - poor sod couldn't be further from a natural position - the epitome of utility

Gabby (5) - I'll huff and I'll puff and then I'll probably be out of breathe

McCormack (3) - nothing

subs

Grealish (5) - occasionally looked like he might use the ball

Green (6) - probably his best game for us, I don't think he'll have all that many chances to better it

Davis (-) - on-whistle-off

We were very poor, we have no midfield, we don't pas the ball and if we don't then have a striker who can do it alone or who is fantastic in the air, we've got nothing - we don't score goals and you can see why, we don't control games and you can see why.

Preston are next up and in form - we need two central midfielders by then or we'll lose - a left sided one would be nice too.

We've got a really unbalanced squad and there's a lot of dross in it - there's an enormous amount to be done - today has given us more time to do that as there's no chance of us going up. 

Rubbish. Awful rubbish - as it was against Cardiff and mostly against Leeds - we need a midfield and if we get to February the 1st without having signed one then the two Steves should be ashamed of themselves.

Agree with the sentiment but your scoring is way too generous.

Â