FA Cup 3rd Round Weekend 6/9 January

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, steve1986 said:

The only way we get to see a proper 'lower league team' is if they are owned by former Manchester United players

Or if you live abroad, Sutton vs Wimbledon and Barrow vs Rochdale both available via internet means this afternoon so they are showing somewhere in the world just not here.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

BT Sport have got Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal all live this weekend. 

Ooh, the magic of the cup indeed. Absolute nonsense, it's just another excuse to put the big clubs on TV and give them even more money.

Does anyone else remember actually looking forward to FA Cup 3rd round day? I do, many, many years ago. :(

Yeah, about 20 years ago! Now, its a shell of its former self. 

The only was it would happen is if BT could agree a deal where their advertising paid the same regardless of the viewing figures which won't happen, BBC have no excuse though, they're not dependant on viewing figures and commercial revenue

28 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

What a predictable load of ****. That's exactly the problem with football. People would rather watch Man United win 4-0 against Reading than non League Stourbridge or Sutton United. 

Why is that something wrong with football? Football fans like to see better quality football, surely? That and/or getting enjoyment out of the potential of Man U losing.

Edited by kurtsimonw

15 minutes ago, steve1986 said:

People can see Man Utd every week on television on internet streams wherever they want, they can't see two little teams fighting it out to play agains them. These teams are being paid to broadcast their FA cup games, united don't need the revenue nor do Reading, imagine the difference it would make to a team like Stourbridge or Sutton though.

I think that the cup should take on what the Pokal does in Germany too, the smaller team always plays at home in the early rounds to gain greater revenue.

Some of the earlier rounds games are on TV to see those types of teams.

If the Pokal does it that when, then that's stupid. Surely playing away at a big side is far more beneficial in terms of revenue? That's why small clubs in the FA Cup live on playing at Old Trafford, Emirates, etc.

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Magic of the cup. You can't actually view the games unless you have BT Sport.

I have absolutely no problem pirating live sports. There's too much money in the game, I'd feel worse giving these bastards money to throw on their pile. 

• Like 1

Â