Pre-match thread

One For The Road

Something that has occurred to me - if we put Grealish in the middle of everything, played in the number ten spot behind McCormack and try to put a lot through him - we can win this game through the referee, Jack's a card making machine and Warnock teams are low hanging fruit. 

• Like 3

I think that is a 4-4-1-1.

______Westwood____Gardner________

Adomah_________________Bacuna__

_____________Grealish_______________

___________McCormack_____^_

Judging by how it was laid out on Twitter I'd say we'd gone for a 4-2-3-1 formation, but I think with the players available a 4-3-3 with McCormack in the false nine role is the best way to go

Something like:

Bacuna Gardner Westwood

________ McCormack ________

Adomah __________Grealish

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That is the shittest midfield I have ever seen.

And even shitter if Adomah was in the Ghana squad, and not allowed to play today, (like Kodjia)

Edited by villa82

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

For me the most annoying thing is the persistence with Bunn. He's awful.

He kept the 3 points for us against Burton with that injury time save. He's not very good but I think he's the right choice at the moment over GoalLetinni

Just now, Chindie said:

Oof, that midfield. 

We need to chuck money at some CMs with a bit about them.

Yep and soon as we don't want to drop points throughout Jan due to being short, let's get some deals over the line in time for our game Vs Wolves, just under 2 weeks

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Can't see us getting anything with that line up, especially the midfield.

I'm sure we all have this same concern. The way I see it, now is the time for these professional footballers to step up to plate! SHOW ME THE GODDAM MONEY!

Just read some build up that included the line "two sides at opposite ends of the table." 

I've heard that a lot over the last few years.. But it took a while to register that, for once, we're the ones nearer the top!

I am quite probably deluding myself, but I feel quite good about that line up.  We have both width and trickery through the middle.  Grealish will get free kicks or a penalty, and if he can feed McCormack this could work.