Gareth Southgate

Richard

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Did we win? No, because  Southgate went defensive from 30 minutes after the goal.

Would being more adventurous have meant Saka scored his penalty? We were that close to winning. Closer than we've ever been to winning that tournament. Surely you cannot completely trash the fact we got that close? 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Would being more adventurous have meant Saka scored his penalty? We were that close to winning. Closer than we've ever been to winning that tournament. Surely you cannot completely trash the fact we got that close? 

Because of him or in spite of him?

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

90% of people would disagree with you but ok.

That's ok. They're all wrong, and I'm right :)

Wouldn't put it past England to beat France, then lose against an inferior team like Spain or Brazil by shitting themselves.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Because of him or in spite of him?

Did anyone really expect us to comfortably win the Euros before the tournament, just stroll it? 

I'm not saying Gareth is the best manager gor England, or even a particularly good one, but surely some credit where credit is due. 

The extent of the hatred seems quite irrational to me at times. Dislike, fine, but for some it's vehement. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not Southgate’s biggest fan, but fair play seems to have learnt from past tournaments. Playing Foden makes sense and it’s not overall defensive team.

Wait and see what the full backs do, that's how you can judge Southgate and how defensive he is

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wait and see what the full backs do, that's how you can judge Southgate and how defensive he is

I'd say Shaw is pushing up, walker not so much

Henderson isn't as deep as Phillips would be either, looks like rice with then 2 ahead of him

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's ok. They're all wrong, and I'm right :)

Wouldn't put it past England to beat France, then lose against an inferior team like Spain or Brazil by shitting themselves.

Your posts confuse me 

40 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Your posts confuse me 

Why?

Only Gareth Southgate can stop us winning the world cup is my stance. I think that's fair.

It's funny how much he gets wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why?

Only Gareth Southgate can stop us winning the world cup is my stance. I think that's fair.

I think it shows a bewilderingly astounding lack of imagination and/or a complete lack of knowledge of football to be unable to come up with any reason bar Southgate for not winning a football match. Kudos for that.

I think I would be an awful England manager but even I could come up with more than that.

Edited by Lunarsea
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lunarsea said:

I think it shows a bewilderingly astounding lack of imagination and/or a complete lack of knowledge of football to be unable to come up with any reason bar Southgate for losing a football match.

I think I would be an awful England manager but even I could come up with more than that.

Nice adjectives.

Southgate is a terrible manager. Can't help anyone who doesn't see that.

He's hamstrung us already by picking a squad choc full of his favourites. Stones, Maguire and Walker all on the pitch nearly led to us being one down. No doubt in my mind if Phillips had been fit this season he'd be in ahead of Bellingham as well.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nice adjectives.

Southgate is a terrible manager. Can't help anyone who doesn't see that.

He's hamstrung us already by picking a squad choc full of his favourites. Stones, Maguire and Walker all on the pitch nearly led to us being one down. No doubt in my mind if Phillips had been fit this season he'd be in ahead of Bellingham as well.

If, by your own reckoning,it is all Southgate's fault if we lose a match,  is it equally all his fault if we win a match?

It should be surely?

Â