Gareth Southgate

Richard

On 29/11/2022 at 08:08, Genie said:

If he 1) doesn’t play Foden and 2) drops Bellingham for Henderson then he really ought to be sacked today. I don’t care if they win against a poor Wales side, he’s taking the piss.

I don't think he will drop Bellingham. Foden he might. Rashford hard to drop and then there's sterling and saka who was brilliant first game

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I don't think he will drop Bellingham. Foden he might. Rashford hard to drop and then there's sterling and saka who was brilliant first game

He certainly has a lot of quality options at his disposal for sure.

When someone like Kane isn’t firing on all cylinders there’s goals all over the place.

It will be Saka and Rashford either side of Kane.

Probably Mount for Henderson but if it was me I would give Foden or Maddison a chance to pull the strings.  Rice and Bellingham behind them.

45 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It will be Saka and Rashford either side of Kane.

Probably Mount for Henderson but if it was me I would give Foden or Maddison a chance to pull the strings.  Rice and Bellingham behind them.

Serious lack of creativity if he goes Saka, Rashford and Mount. I'd keep Saka in but would swap Rashford and Mount out for Grealish and Foden. Rashford would be my impact sub.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Iran, US and Wales. I think we can safely say the real business hasn't started yet. Mike Bassett would've gotten us out that group.

You can only play what's in front of you so why moan rather than getting behind your team?

I just don't get it in here.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Iran, US and Wales. I think we can safely say the real business hasn't started yet. Mike Bassett would've gotten us out that group.

Yes, and 3 halves of the 6 we’ve played have been dreadful. A better team punishes us more.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

You won't unless you're English. 

I'm English and I don't get it.

Southgate has done fine so far. Not every half will be a dazzling spectacle of football. That isn't how tournament football works.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Mike Bassett had more club football success than Southgate tbh 

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Qualified.

Top of the group.

+7 in goal difference.

What more can you ask for?

Playing our players who are most comfortable in possession. Foden and Grealish. And not bullshitting constantly to the media with his weird contradicting answers about his selections. And not spreading negativity and fear throughout the squad.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lunarsea said:

I'm English and I don't get it.

Southgate has done fine so far. Not every half will be a dazzling spectacle of football. That isn't how tournament football works.

This common sense, I can tell you're new around here!

• Like 1

Â