Gareth Southgate

Richard

It says it all about the priorities of the FA these days.

They’re not interested in being a good or successful football team, they’re focused on being a well run ‘business’ with Safegate as the CEO.

I mean, how did Debbie Hewitt get the gig of FA Chairman anyway (other than the obvious virtue signalling)? She worked largely in retail, how does that lend itself well to football? Oh and she’s a parish councillor and her husband is an accountant…..hardly surprising she thinks Southgate is great. 

When she said, ‘he has all the attributes of a great CEO’ I gave up, I don’t want a great CEO in charge of my football team, I want an inspiring football person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Genie said:

I genuinely hope he’s watching what can happen when you have a talented group of players who take the game to the opposition.

He's shaking his head in utter disgust. He doesn't care about the result. How dare you play attractive football without your goal machine number 9 playing the Gattuso role.

Edited by Tom13

• 1 month later...

Looking at the potential England players ahead of the Nations League games is quite depressing. Very few in that expected England squad are in any sort of form.

Pickford has some injury. 

Trent, Maguire, Walker, Shaw very much out of form.

Big question marks for the form of Mount, Grealish, Gallagher.

Rashford has been poor for a long time. Phillips hasn't even played this season bar a minute or two. Sterling not looking great. Abraham has some light injury.

i saw yesterday rashford and sancho expected to be back in the squad

he's in for pelters no matter what he does partly because its so early in the season so no one is standing out partly because there's more players out of form (its easy to say who shouldn't be there be harder to say who should) but mainly because he's a massive word removed

just hope mings is back in rather than him wanting to take a look at someone for the first time...but expecting mings to somehow now be englands 9th choice CB when he's arguably our best 

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Looking at the potential England players ahead of the Nations League games is quite depressing. Very few in that expected England squad are in any sort of form.

Rashford has been poor for a long time. Phillips hasn't even played this season bar a minute or two. Sterling not looking great. Abraham has some light injury.

So what your saying is we need Kane to drop a bit further still to help out the midfield and then everything will be fine? 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 09:55, VillaParkAvenue said:

And all but three made the squad 🤣

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Gonna be Villa players playing for loads of the other nations in the upcoming World Cup.  Not sure how high my interest in England is going to be.

At this stage I think its just Cash, Dendoncker, Emi and Bednarek who are certain to go. The rest is up in the air maybe Kamara or Digne will sneak in

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho just got dropped by Brazil and Luiz hasnt been in a squad for about a year I think

Ah, well if we're going to have that little representation I'll go back to boycotting the World Cup on moral grounds then

• Like 2

Â