Atmosphere at the club

Keener window-cleaner

As I don't live in Birmingham I'm interested in knowing how/if you feel that the atmosphere at and around the club has changed since Lerner left. Towards the end of last season there were reports of a lot of staff having to leave, Remi Garde coming out and criticizing the lack of internal structure of the club etc. A lot of negativity.

There was obviously a lot of positive vibes when Xia took over and Keith Wyness said he would improve staff morale with an open-door policy etc.

I presume that the atmosphere at the club is better now, but does anyone have insights or reflections on this? 

I'm sure when they open the upper Trinity things will feel/sound/look much better. I think this Championship thing is just a small wrinkle in time. Can't wait to be back in the PL with a competitive team. Villa fans have been starved for success for so long, I think VP will turn into a cauldron of misery for any club that visits. No time better than now to start planting those seeds. 

• Like 3

Certainly amongst fans that go to the home games i don't really believe that there is a huge improvement in the feeling around the club.Attendances and atmosphere have continually declined since the start of the season.  In my opinion there is a huge apathy surrounding home fixtures , this will take some time to put right.

20 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Certainly amongst fans that go to the home games i don't really believe that there is a huge improvement in the feeling around the club.Attendances and atmosphere have continually declined since the start of the season.  In my opinion there is a huge apathy surrounding home fixtures , this will take some time to put right.

Might be that a victory or two featuring the Villa scoring three goals or more is the most effective medicine for that condition.

• Like 3

Maybe rename the stand as well, "North Stand" is very generic and bland. I'd be fine if we get a sponsor to splash some cash to stick their logo on it. 

Otherwise, The William McGregor Stand has a nice ring to it!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Filling in the corners and building the new North Stand at a steep angle would do wonders for trapping noise inside the ground. 

WDFAWC

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

Filling in the corners and building the new North Stand at a steep angle would do wonders for trapping noise inside the ground. 

Never fill in the Holte End corners

5 hours ago, tismyk said:

Never fill in the Holte End corners

Filling in the lower tiers would not transform the Holte End much at all. Imagine a wall of sound emanating from the Holte and not escaping through gaps on either side of it. 

IMO, it's only a matter of time before the club does it anyway. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

Maybe rename the stand as well, "North Stand" is very generic and bland. I'd be fine if we get a sponsor to splash some cash to stick their logo on it. 

Otherwise, The William McGregor Stand has a nice ring to it!

Tbh, we should rename the Witton Lane stand that.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Villa always get bigger crowds in the second half of the season. I am sure this will happen again especially if we are chasing promotion.

I think the crowds have been good this season, and that's with poor form. If we would of been in the kind of form Newcastle have been then most games would of been around the 40k mark. Expect our biggest crowd of the season on Saturday.

The atmosphere, certainly at home games, is still quite tense and the longer the game goes on without us winning the worse it gets. I think that is both a hangover from last season and also not helped by the fact we made such a poor start and are now playing catch up.

I also think whist attendances have been good we haven't been that vociferous instead letting the frustrations come out with negative reactions, a few booing at half time, booing certain substitutions etc, and again this is likely still a hangover from last season.

If we can get ourselves into the top 6 over the next couple of months then I think the doom and gloom will have lifted and we can look forward to a much more positive atmosphere in the second half of the season and us as fans playing a positive role in hopefully getting us promoted.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think the crowds have been good this season, and that's with poor form. If we would of been in the kind of form Newcastle have been then most games would of been around the 40k mark. Expect our biggest crowd of the season on Saturday.

Hmmm- not sure on that one. It is in the 'shopping season' before Christmas. I reckon Burton could be a boxing day bumper crowd. 

On 11/23/2016 at 18:48, The Fun Factory said:

Hmmm- not sure on that one. It is in the 'shopping season' before Christmas. I reckon Burton could be a boxing day bumper crowd. 

Maybe. I know loads not going because they generally drink boxing day and there's no trains.

Â