Atmosphere at the club

Keener window-cleaner

As a season ticket holder you do encounter people who seemingly turn up for one game here and there and use it as a sounding board to chuck a tirade of abuse at the player who happens to be their scapegoat of the month. It used to really wind me up, but it has become a bit of a standing joke between us now. Jeff from Castle Browmich rocks up and by 23rd minute he is screaming at Albert Adomah, ensuring he knows just how shit Jeff from Castle Bromwich thinks he is. 

It does grate. We're talking about the people who booed at half time on Tuesday. It strikes me as entitlement and I want nothing to do with it and I don't like to hear my club represented in such a fashion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As a season ticket holder you do encounter people who seemingly turn up for one game here and there and use it as a sounding board to chuck a tirade of abuse at the player who happens to be their scapegoat of the month. It used to really wind me up, but it has become a bit of a standing joke between us now. Jeff from Castle Browmich rocks up and by 23rd minute he is screaming at Albert Adomah, ensuring he knows just how shit Jeff from Castle Bromwich thinks he is. 

It does grate. We're talking about the people who booed at half time on Tuesday. It strikes me as entitlement and I want nothing to do with it and I don't like to hear my club represented in such a fashion. 

Absolutely , there were a group of lads near me on Tuesday that i'd never seen before , actually booed and abused Sam Johnstone after one of his kicks , like that will do a struggling keeper the world of good.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is what happens when you put 50p in the dickhead mate.

when 30-40,000 turn up, you're as sure as hell, going to get a mixed bag.

as they say " there ain't nowt as queer as folk"......never a truer word

Years back used to have my season ticket in the holte and one game my Old Man was away and I took a mate instead. 

My mate was tearing into Gary Charles because he was well you know doing his Gary Charles thing. Later in the game he only popped up and scored a really crucial game. 

Cue some pissed up 50+ year old guy launching through the crowd trying to throttle my mate. Had to be held back by a frankly bewildered few bystanders as this guy was going crazy. 

We were about 14 at the time. 

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Years back used to have my season ticket in the holte and one game my Old Man was away and I took a mate instead. 

My mate was tearing into Gary Charles because he was well you know doing his Gary Charles thing. Later in the game he only popped up and scored a really crucial game. 

Cue some pissed up 50+ year old guy launching through the crowd trying to throttle my mate. Had to be held back by a frankly bewildered few bystanders as this guy was going crazy. 

We were about 14 at the time. 

How unlucky is your mate to be thwarted by Charles actually scoring lol!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do what I do mate which is if any player is getting any stick from anyone around me I go out of my way to clap/shout out praise for them for anything they do. Westwood was the most recent scapegoat who would always get it from someone and when people booed I just clapped and shouted out praise for him a little louder. I like it when I get a reaction and someone to say why are you praising/cheering him for, he is this, that or the other, and then they get some choice words about supporting the team :)

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Â