The retro gaming thread!

BOF

it'll sell like hot cakes, in reality most of the games are probably already available on PSN and if you just bought the ones you wanted it would be cheaper...

not sure on the vita TV comment, the problem with the vita TV i found is that it used the homescreen of the vita (to be fair it was called playstation TV here) and it was horrible, the remote play was the main function and one i rarely found myself using (i've still go it somewhere) vita games on a TV screen didnt really work because the vita didnt have enough AAA games and the TV functions just became the 7th device i can use to watch netflix

its got to have more than tekken and ridge racer to justify the 2 controllers

GT2, RE2, vagrant story, FF8 (and a big up yours to the switch / xbone news) ape escape, tomb raider, medieval, legacy of kain, syphon filter, MGS1, silent hill, castlevania, abes odyssey, parappa the rapper, crash, spyro, croc, G police, wipeout, tony hawks, klonoa, in cold blood, fighting force, parasite eve, fear effect (what a game)

the problem will be the age rating, i think a lot of those games will be a 15, it'll be interesting to see what demographic they target it at, because they can go kids platformers or they can go older (maybe on the assumption that it will be people 30-45 who want this)

if vagrant story was called final fantasy something it would be considered one of the greatest games of all time, gets nowhere near enough love

Edited by villa4europe

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If it’s got pro evolution soccer I’m getting it. Greatest footballing game ever

It's a brave b*stard who says that in the retro gaming thread.

Pffpht, I'd just go dig out all the PS1 games and go stick them in my PS3 if I was that desperate for a nostalgia fix (says the man with about 6 different versions of FF7 stashed about the place I admit...).  Job done and £90 saved :P .  Besides I didn't see any mention of Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis in there, so I'm out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah ISS was good at the time and the start of the series being better than FIFA (FIFA dipped after 98 iirc) but the series peaked around PES 2 - 5 on the PS2, cant remember exactly which one was the best they were all brilliant 

4 for me. I loved 6 too but most people seem to hate it. 

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

4 for me. I loved 6 too but most people seem to hate it. 

6 was great on the PS2. But the PS3/XBox 360 version was shit. 

I had just got a 360 at uni, where obviously we played PES non stop so I was so excited!

it wasn’t great. And it had a load of functionality and customisation removed compared to the PS2 Version

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

It's a brave b*stard who says that in the retro gaming thread.

For me that was the best footballing game or iss ever just for the sheer amount of games me and my friends use to play. I just love eveything about it. Fantastic game.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

For me that was the best footballing game or iss ever just for the sheer amount of games me and my friends use to play. I just love eveything about it. Fantastic game.

I know. I was just playing. It's such a debatable topic; best football game ever. For me it's Dino Dini's Kick Off 2 by an absolute mile. With Sensible World of Soccer second and Dino Dini's Goal! third. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

6 was great on the PS2. But the PS3/XBox 360 version was shit. 

I had just got a 360 at uni, where obviously we played PES non stop so I was so excited!

it wasn’t great. And it had a load of functionality and customisation removed compared to the PS2 Version

Yeah I had it on the PS2. Didn't get the PS3 until late 2007 when I got it free with my phone contract! 

Just now, omariqy said:

Yeah I had it on the PS2. Didn't get the PS3 until late 2007 when I got it free with my phone contract! 

I remember going round to my mate's and playing it on his PS2 and being livid at how good it was compared to the 360

So I think that's why it's not held in as high regard as others, because half the poeple playing it had a shit game.

3 and 5 were my favourites. 3 was the first one I owned and 5 was the one I played the most

I downloaded Pi Retro Gaming on my Shield last night. First game I downloaded was PES 2. Me and my bro spent hours on it building our team on master league. It was still brilliant to play. I've got 28 points so far. 8 more and I can buy Yorke. 

22 hours ago, CardiffGreens said:

Besides I didn't see any mention of Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis in there, so I'm out.

Teenage me lost months of his life to that game (and about 3 layers of palm-skin to the cover). 

Edited by GarethRDR

13 hours ago, BOF said:

I know. I was just playing. It's such a debatable topic; best football game ever. For me it's Dino Dini's Kick Off 2 by an absolute mile. With Sensible World of Soccer second and Dino Dini's Goal! third. 

Yeah but the answer is SWOS though.

• Like 1

Â