January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Apparently, Norwich have enquired about McCormack now. Any deal should be a permanent one imo, it doesn't make sense to loan him out (seen a lot of reports suggesting a loan move within the Championship). I want him gone but if it's not going to be a permanent move we may as well try & give him a second chance rather than risking strengthening a rival (as unlikely as it seems he would).

Seems like his value has plummeted, otherwise a swap deal for Brady would be very enticing...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Apparently, Norwich have enquired about McCormack now. Any deal should be a permanent one imo, it doesn't make sense to loan him out (seen a lot of reports suggesting a loan move within the Championship). I want him gone but if it's not going to be a permanent move we may as well try & give him a second chance rather than risking strengthening a rival (as unlikely as it seems he would).

Seems like his value has plummeted, otherwise a swap deal for Brady would be very enticing...

£8m at best I think we could look for  now - should not loan him to a play off rival.

if Norwich want him it should be permanent deal or no deal

Edited by Eastie

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Selling to a rival should not be a loan

Why should we do them any favours either pay up or do one

It would be a ridiculous decision.

We pay £10 million and £20,000 a week so he can help another team try and finish above us. 

I don't think the Dr is that daft. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

So, looks like the remaining targets are:

Bedeau, Taylor, Barrow & Rhodes.

Based on gossip of course. 

I'd take all 4. If we sign Rhodes, I imagine Kodjia will play out on the left.

I think we will bring in a completely random player as well, like we did with Bjarnason. 

It's been a great window. We've addressed the two areas we really needed to strengthen. 

Edited by Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So, looks like the remaining targets are:

Bedeau, Taylor, Barrow & Rhodes.

Based on gossip of course. 

I'd take all 4. If we sign Rhodes, I imagine Kodjia will play out on the left.

I think we will bring in a completely random player as well, like we did with Bjarnason. 

It's been a great window. We've addressed the two areas we really needed to strengthen. 

Not sure we have adequately addressed the GK situation. I'd have liked a solid, experienced keeper instead of replacing one young prospect with another. We also spent the whole month without replacing the strikers that were heading to the AFCON, resulting in several losses without scoring.

Other than that it's been a decent window and hopefully we can have a good summer too and push for the play offs next season.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Not sure we have adequately addressed the GK situation. I'd have liked a solid, experienced keeper instead of replacing one young prospect with another. We also spent the whole month without replacing the strikers that were heading to the AFCON, resulting in several losses without scoring.

Other than that it's been a decent window and hopefully we can have a good summer too and push for the play offs next season.

If still in this division next year I'd expect to be pushing for automatic promotion rather than the play offs with the squad we have got .

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The players we have brought in, I think we should be pushing for a play off spot this year.

I'd rather we waited until next season and took a proper shot at the title (assuming; playoffs is good because of potential promotion).

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I disagree, Bobsy. We should be giving it everything every time. Life has too many variables to just mark time.

Remember when it was better to win things than simply exist because of money?  I miss those days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Yep, agreed.

The GK situation is a strange one. I have no idea if SJ will be good enough for the rest of the season. Sadly, I suspect not.

Annoyed, if that is true. 

Would have liked to see him alongside Angela and Hurricane on Tuesday. Jedinak is gash with the ball at his feet and has the turning circumference of the QE2. That's not going to suddenly change even with better players in the side. 

• Like 1