January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

21 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

What spells and What players? These days with social media and football saturation oh and the inevitable football manager most avid fans know or have heard of any decent players. 

Mainly 1976 to 1985.....but we have picked up a few unknowns since.

• Cropley
  • Bremner
  • A Evans
  • A Gray
  • Swain
  • Morley
  • Teale
  • Ugo egiohgu
  • carradus
  • Delaney
  • Gidman
  • Barry
  • Platt
  • Yorke
  • Benteke
  • Nielsen
  • Laursen
  • Mellberg
  • Leonard
  • Nilis

I'm sure there are more too, just a few off the top of my head........but do you get my drift.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Signed from that little know, Italian club, AC Milan. :D ;)

Its the player I was referring to ......not the club.

Had you heard of him before he signed for 3 mill?

I hadn't.;):D

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its the player I was referring to ......not the club.

Had you heard of him before he signed for 3 mill?

I hadn't.;):D

I know mate, was just pulling your leg. I remember seeing him playing for Denmark in the Euros (I think just after we signed him), and thinking he looked excellent. It turned out he was. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Just now, dAVe80 said:

I know mate, was just pulling your leg. I remember seeing him playing for Denmark in the Euros (I think just after we signed him), and thinking he looked excellent. It turned out he was. 

Loved Laursen. I think we would have made Champions League that season if we didn't lose him in January.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Mainly 1976 to 1985.....but we have picked up a few unknowns since.

• Cropley
  • Bremner
  • A Evans
  • A Gray
  • Swain
  • Morley
  • Teale
  • Ugo egiohgu
  • carradus
  • Delaney
  • Gidman
  • Barry
  • Platt
  • Yorke
  • Benteke
  • Nielsen
  • Laursen
  • Mellberg
  • Leonard
  • Nilis

I'm sure there are more too.....but do you get my drift.

No I don't! As I said social media and football saturation means we are more aware of players these days but just going off of the bottom end of your list. Laursen, Mellberg were all known full internationals and as for Luc Nillis the fact we signed him was a big coup as he was a bit of a legend at the time. Others were just very young when we got them and flourished which we've dine recently aswell. So no I don't understand it. Finding unknowns is virtually impossible it's just gambling on the right ones before they've established themselves like Benteke. Bristol City found Kodija an Ivory Coast International and gambled on him. It paid off and we paid £11m but he wasn't unknown just no one had took the chance. 

From the daily heil (I know) but linking us with one of my top pics for CM James McCarthy 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4097484/Everton-transfer-news-James-McCarthy-wanted-West-Brom-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is a confirmed admirer and has been juggling midfield targets with a £3m offer in for Henri Lansbury at Nottingham Forest and enquiries made for McCarthy's teammate Tom Cleverley and Matty James at Leicester. 

Yes please ! 

Edited by thabucks

13 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The way things are looking we might buy enough midfielders to give Jedinak back to Palace!!! 

Corrected.

35 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Nilis can't be on that list. He was a major coup at the time. Loads of caps for Belgium and a top class pedigree. I'd certainly heard of him beforehand! One of the most sickening injuries ever that one....

To be fair nilis was not far from being a similar name to someone like dzeko/huntelaar, that sort of reputation. infact far ronaldo went on record to declare him the best player he played with

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The way things are looking we might buy enough midfielders to sell Jedinak back to Palace!!! 

What is this obsession with VT selling players from areas we are light as soon as there is a sniff we are getting new ones?:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A38villan said:

To be fair nilis was not far from being a similar name to someone like dzeko/huntelaar, that sort of reputation. infact far ronaldo went on record to declare him the best player he played with

Not sure what Dzecko or Huntelaar have done to be spoken of in the same breath as Nilis to be fair ;)
Total class above.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What is this obsession with VT selling players from areas we are light as soon as there is a sniff we are getting new ones?:rolleyes:

We've been linked with loads. There's no obsession. I don't think Jedinak is that good. If we were to get 3/4 CM in I'd happily sell him. He's old and only going to get worse. At present he's our best one hopefully by the end if Jan he's surplus to requirements. Isn't that what you do when you get better players get rid of the ones you don't need?