January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Overrated. 

Overrated at villa -look at his stats

overrated by man city - he doesn't now get a game

overrated by england -was rubbish and dropped

would he improve the midfield -yes

should we be signing players who have such little respect for us - no

Not meaning to be contentious but I hate him more than most of last seasons tossers, because of his duplicity. 

When he left I remember someone here posting something like good luck with your loan move to Stoke City in 2017. Thought it was hilarious back then, seems spot on now.

Would definitely be a shock if he wanted to drop down a division, I suppose the only chance of that happening would be if City wouldn't sanction a loan move to a rival club.

23 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'd be delighted if Delph returned. Think he was more naive than malicious in how he handled his exit, and by all accounts he was a brilliant example at the club up until his departure.

100% agree.

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He was still a poor footballer and as proved, a poor professional so he isn't wrong.

Such a poor footballer we haven't managed to replace him in two seasons. People are letting their hatred over what he did dismiss him as a player

he isn't poor at all, if he was a club like city wouldn't come calling

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Godders said:

Is all the club should really focus on. Nothing personal, just business.

3goals in over 100 appearances. He would improve the midfield. I could pick 30 other players who haven't showed such disrespect to the club that would improve the midfield more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

3goals in over 100 appearances. He would improve the midfield. I could pick 30 other players who haven't showed such disrespect to the club that would improve the midfield more. 

Oh I agree, I'm sure every person on this forum could pick 30 other players who would improve the midfield more. I doubt that most are readily available though.

Anyway, I think it's probably a moot point. As others have said, he'll go to another premier league club if he goes anywhere.

• Like 1

1) Any mid or lower table Premier League club will get Delph ahead of us.

2) Why go back to a club where the fans despised you and you mocked them for despising you, even if some fans rate you and want you back.

3) His ego wouldn't allow him to either

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Delph, highly rated at that time, signed a new contract when he could have left us on a bosman 3 months later.

He signed for ManCity giving us back the money we spent on him coming from Leeds. Regrets and says he will stay, but then regrets again, and signed for the best club in the PL.

stupid to say he would stay, and then leave. But he gave us £8m, and did not leave us lightly. Steve Staunton left us for nothing, and he came back when he lost his place at Liverpool, I can't think of a better player for us then Fabian. 

Never rated Staunton myself. Thought he was gash.

3 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Staunton was a fine player for us. Can't think of many (if any) better left backs for Villa in all my years. He was bloody good in midfield too. Honestly to say he was gash is just nonsense. 

Not for me. Gash harsh but not great. Especially his second spell. Thought he was awful.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of you are more deluded than I could imagine if Fabian Delph was open to coming back, and you would say no.

Delph and any one of those mentioned in that article would transform this midfield!

Do you know what?..... I absolutely agree with you on something :-)

If Delph was willing to come to us, we should absolutely accept. 

• Like 1