Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

There's no no point reiterating the fact we are underacheiving at present as all you get is wait and see. Burton was a good performance and I'm the same I enjoyed Bolton because we won but people getting carried away on the back of a good month of results against teams I'd expect expect us to do well against isn't the best idea. October will show us a lot more about this team but i think those easy fixtures came just at the right time for Bruce and hopefully we can carry the form on now. 

There are no easy fixtures.....but i accept there are ones we are expected to win more than others.

The lower teams rarely go through a season with no wins......the ones they get could be against anyone.....including us.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He could quite easily show you a post where someone has openly said they want us to lose as game which we then ended up winning.

You would assume from that that the poster in question wasn't happy that we won.

That's not what I asked. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He could quite easily show you a post where someone has openly said they want us to lose as game which we then ended up winning.

You would assume from that that the poster in question wasn't happy that we won.

Not true. There was one game a while ago where I'd had enough and got a tad upset and said I hope we lost. Then when we won I was still happy.

Just emotions mate, we all have them, we all express ourselves differently. I doubt very much there would be many fans that actually enjoy watching us lose, no matter how much they dislike Bruce. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You ever heard the expression. Short term pain & and all that ?

10 hours ago, Dave J said:

You ever heard the expression. Short term pain & and all that ?

"Short term pain & all that"

No, I can't say I've heard that one.

Edited by Stevo985

13 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

That's not what I asked. 

Great. But it's the same thing. The implication is that if someone wanted us to lose, they'd be unhappy if we didn't.

It was clear on here after the Barnsley win that people were unhappy because it meant Bruce wouldn't be sacked.

Which is fine. I'm not criticising them for it. I'm just saying that it happened.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Great. But it's the same thing. The implication is that if someone wanted us to lose, they'd be unhappy if we didn't.

It was clear on here after the Barnsley win that people were unhappy because it meant Bruce wouldn't be sacked.

Which is fine. I'm not criticising them for it. I'm just saying that it happened.

I remember people saying it about the Boro game, but we didn't win so can't say those were unhappy with the team winning. 

I don't remember reading the same before the Barnsley game, I know myself that i couldn't bring myself to want us to lose again. 

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

A quick read of the last few pages reminds me how much I dislike international breaks.

Surely there is nothing new to say, positive or otherwise about Bruce until we start playing again? 

There are 2 reasons why I hate the International break.

1 - I work with many different nationalities, Germans, Spaniards, Italians & Americans who all have more to cheer about than En-ger-land. I'm fed up of the stick as its been continuous since 19??.

2 - the anxious wait for us to finally get going (with that I mean convincing performances of progressing football)

It's so tedious being crap

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 02:05, Taxahunter said:

He had, just to name the ones he is using now, Sam Johnstone, James Chester, Alan Hutton, Adomah, Bree, Grealish,  Jedinak, Green, McCormack, Kodija and bought Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury, plus other players he has been using occasionally. He also had Amavi, Baker, Tshibola, and in my opinion, that is still a team that should be challenging for promotion and be able to play exciting football 

Since we were relegated, 39 players have been sold or loaned out and 35 players have been purchased or loaned. This comes on the back of the clubs worst season in the Premier League, on the back of 6 seasons of dross caused by years of mismanagement, and poor managers. RMD came in an try to buy his way to success, and due to the teams poor run, he was fired (we'll never know if he could have turned it around). Bruce took over a club in turmoil, old players who had given up hope and new players who were trying to find their footing at the club.

Bruce got the team on some sort of run before Christmas, and I believe he made the mistake of trying to bring in players to fill in for Codger while he was away. It didn't work and too many changes were made and we went into another slump. The remainder of the season showed him what players would take the club forward and those that wouldn't. He made a couple of poor purchases, but for the best part his have turned out well.

Over the summer, he has worked well to fix the issues that we all saw towards the end of the season. 14 players in, 14 players out over the summer has caused a period of settling that has made performances inconsistent and not much fun to watch. The club and the players are finally starting to come out of the years of depression, but it still going to take some time for this to happen. With the amount of turnover of players, and trying to change the mindset of the club has taken longer than some have wanted. Even though I have supported Bruce for the best part I started to waiver before the Reading game. 

It can take teams 2-3 months to finally understand a new pattern of play and a new system, and with so many players in and out, this can take longer. The team has had good September, but he needs to push on against tougher teams after the international break. In this league, some wins will be pretty and other will be a mindboring 1-0 win with a lucky goal of someone's shin. I'm okay with that, as long as we keep moving up the league. Personally,  during the poor games, you have to blame the players on the field for this, and the managers if he doesn't make the changes to fix it during the game and subsequent games.

I believe over time, the team will continue to become more entertaining and be successful in promotion to the Premier League. All of us want us to be there, the only difference is some want Bruce and other's don't.  If we are outside the playoffs going into the new year, then for me bigger questions need to be asked.

I understand where you are coming from, but from the club is coming from, it takes more than just having good players on paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

1 - I work with many different nationalities, Germans, Spaniards, Italians & Americans who all have more to cheer about than En-ger-land. I'm fed up of the stick as its been continuous since 19??.

2 - the anxious wait for us to finally get going (with that I mean convincing performances of progressing football)

Southgate and every member of the FA (including Joan from HR), out?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

its not the same thing. 

Being unhappy that Bruce was not being sacked is not the same as being unhappy that we won. The lack of Bruce sacking may have taken some of the shine off the win. 

Wanting rid of Bruce to go is not the same as wanting Villa to lose or being unhappy that we won. 

Semantics and all that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Do you work with Nigel Farage as an MEP?:)

I'm sure i saw a name card on a desk .....G Hopper.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

But would you want it totally predictable , where a 4-0 win was a foregone conclusion?

its tempting to say yes.....and perhaps the popular first reaction.

but after a while that too would be boring.....we have to give a bit of credit to the opposition in all these things.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

But would you want it totally predictable , where a 4-0 win was a foregone conclusion?

but after a while that too would be boring.....we have to give a bit of credit to the opposition in all these things.

We should stick with Bruce because otherwise we'd be too good? ;)

2 hours ago, TRO said:

As distressing as that sounds, I think I would cope.

• Like 1

Â