Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think people often get "experience" mixed up with "proven experience".

Whether people like Bruce or not now, there's not many managers, if any, with more proven experience at this level than Bruce when we hired him. I think that's what the club were looking for at the time, and you can't really blame them.

I don't think Moyes fits that profile at all.

you talk too much sense:)

59 minutes ago, villarocker said:

But, if he is giving him until the end of September anyway he will have already managed through a quarter of the season. OK, I am not saying that it is beyond the realms of possibility that a new man could come in and still get us promoted but, the chances are pretty unlikely. So, by sticking with him for another 2-3 months we will only be wasting another quarter of a season - not half.

People say we should fire him and bring in a new manager, maybe paying compensation for him. Well, paying off Bruce and his cronies, together with paying compensation for another manager and his cronies = £s. Dr Xia says we are close to the red line with regards to FFP so maybe that needs to be taken into consideration when we talk of managerial change too?

I guess the questions are:

What is if Bruce gets/not gets enough points/results in Sept?

What does DrT have up his sleeve on either or?

The deciding factors are points/results/position in table. The longer the failed status quo continues the harder it becomes to recover with or without Bruce.

Either way.

And I believe we should all (Brinners/Brouters) take this in.

IF we fail to get promoted this year the negative consequences outweight the positve ones considerably

1 hour ago, striker said:

Yes mate. Liked both Everton and Villa but have chosen Villa as my team now. Have asked a mod to remove the Everton supporter from my profile but no dice yet?

Must admit i thought you were a 'friendly visitor'!

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

No-matter-who has a better chance than Bruce by simply implementing a game plan and playing players in their prefered position . You, I and nearly everyone on here can see/do that

If we are going by that, we could/should have had a new manager immediately after 0-3 Brentford.

The new guy would have had March till May to asses and hit the ground running by August.

However, if the board or whoever decides doesnt have the balls to stand up, be counted and make a decision, why should the manager, coaches and players be expected to have the balls to take on the challenge?

Leadership comes from the top. It's clear to me (imho) that Bruce (& whoever coaches) is not up to it.

As good a bloke Bruce maybe, you cant blame him for applying for the job, it was well worth the try to see if it comes off, as it hasnt the powees that be must react.

I've been a "Bruce is not the man" for a long time. So I'm getting more intense about those who make the recommendations/decisions are as much at fault for not doing something about it.

You can wait it out in a boxing match if you know your opponent will tire, However, if every so often 3 more relegated teams with more financial power are added to the mix you yourself will run out of steam.

It really isn't that easy though is it ? - You could get a piece of software to do that.  Managing staff at any level is never as easy as it seems to an outsider - especially managing a load of twenty something millionaires  and there ego's etc. If its so easy why does an average manager get an average of £1m a year ?   

You want Bruce gone , I get that - Im not defending him he has done poorly. What I am saying is now is the worse possible time to be  manager hunting. Bruce should go at our convenience - and that should be when we have a significantly better manager lined up.

IMO the promotion bid  becomes less likely the moment we axe Bruce - The track record of new guys coming in and steering a club to promotion is very poor . Pull the trigger now and we are picking from managers who on the whole have failed to secure a new club in the close season, which speaks volumes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Sometimes in the middle of all the shite you ask what is the point of all this....

Its times like that which remind you!

Indeed , from the depths of despair to the heights of ecstasy in 60 seconds :) 

Edited by Eastie

25 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Damn do I miss this. Actually being proud to be a Villa fan and wearing my shirt in public with pride. What a sorry state we are now. 

Christ that brings back memories that of actually enjoying football, haven't felt like that in a long time. What a squad we had. 

6 hours ago, vreitti said:

I honestly think we'd be better off now, had we just stuck with RDM. That being said, it is almost impossible to know what Xia would choose now. I wouldn't trust Wyness though, unless we want another relic.

I don't he was absolutely shite

• Like 1

For the first time I admitted today I think we're f**ked. I don't see promotion this season and can see us stuck in the league for years. 

Whether its down to Bruce or not I don't know I just don't think we are any good and have seen nothing to suggest we will improve enough to go up. 

Im just taking each game as it comes to try and enjoy the occasional win rather than look at the table every game with blind hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Sometimes in the middle of all the shite you ask what is the point of all this....

Its times like that which remind you!

The quality of the individuals is just a reminder of where we have come from.....but as Ash says " The character of the boys"......says it all to me.

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For the first time I admitted today I think we're f**ked. I don't see promotion this season and can see us stuck in the league for years. 

Whether its down to Bruce or not I don't know I just don't think we are any good and have seen nothing to suggest we will improve enough to go up. 

Im just taking each game as it comes to try and enjoy the occasional win rather than look at the table every game with blind hope.

I think it is easy to think like that in what we see match after match.

The players we have on paper you would think the performances would be a lot better and there is still time for this team to click, but as each game passes it is that little bit less likely.

I thought when RDM went it wasn't quite right in terms of time.....but I have no will to argue with it such was the results and performances.....I don't quite feel that bad with Bruce he has a win ratio of just short of 42% and while that does not register with all, it is not a disaster in isolation, but to get promotion we need better.....I feel the performances are more of a concern and watching some of the player habits fill me with melancholy, particularly seeing the same flaws week in week out.

I am with you, I am not as sure as some its all down to Bruce and I am equally unsure if it will change if he goes.....quite frankly I don't know what the answer is......We just have to win our next game and take it from there.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

It really isn't that easy though is it ? - You could get a piece of software to do that.  Managing staff at any level is never as easy as it seems to an outsider - especially managing a load of twenty something millionaires  and there ego's etc. If its so easy why does an average manager get an average of £1m a year ?   

You want Bruce gone , I get that - Im not defending him he has done poorly. What I am saying is now is the worse possible time to be  manager hunting. Bruce should go at our convenience - and that should be when we have a significantly better manager lined up.

IMO the promotion bid  becomes less likely the moment we axe Bruce - The track record of new guys coming in and steering a club to promotion is very poor . Pull the trigger now and we are picking from managers who on the whole have failed to secure a new club in the close season, which speaks volumes.

Cardiff fans might well wish to challenge this point of view - Warnock had a real good go when he went in by showing some real intent- I'm not suggesting he is the man for us - moreover that a new broom sweeps clean and it can be done - Roy Keane is another case in point although again I am not advocating on his behalf.

for me I think we ought to roll the dice imo 

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

Cardiff fans might well wish to challenge this point of view - Warnock had a real good go when he went in by showing some real intent- I'm not suggesting he is the man for us - moreover that a new broom sweeps clean and it can be done - Roy Keane is another case in point although again I am not advocating on his behalf.

for me I think we ought to roll the dice imo 

You may get your wish....if we don't have an impressive sept.

Â