Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, JE- said:

Christ are you Bruce's long lost son 

I don't get where you're going with that.

Anyway, I genuinely don't have the energy to have these hypothetical debates with you. You've introduced yourself with a bang that's for sure, enjoy the site. 

• Like 1

I think Bruce bought exceptionally well in the January transfer window, like it was a dream championship transfer window!

Now none of us have seen what Bruce could do with s sizeable transfer kitty in the premier league but I think it could be quite exciting. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think Bruce bought exceptionally well in the January transfer window, like it was a dream championship transfer window!

Now none of us have seen what Bruce could do with s sizeable transfer kitty in the premier league but I think it could be quite exciting. 

Have you studied his spend with Hull and Sunderland in the prem? The constant getting rid and replacing of players? 

1 hour ago, JE- said:

Good old Randolph employs Bruce for this season he would be getting total abuse 

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. If you read back to when Bruce was appointed most thought it was a good appointment and exactly the type of manager we needed. It doesn't and wouldn't have mattered if he was appointed by Xia or Lerner.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. If you read back to when Bruce was appointed most thought it was a good appointment and exactly the type of manager we needed. It doesn't and wouldn't have mattered if he was appointed by Xia or Lerner.

I disagree with that to be honest. 

It's the same regarding overspending on average players... Exactly what lerner did when mon and alot of fans were very critical of it.. Now it's seemed as a great thing

New owner bounce :)

4 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Bruce didn't spend the money on Kodjia, McCormack, Tishbola, Chester etc etc so quite why you're associating him with that I don't know. 

He's spent big on Hogan, that's it, Lansbury looks a snip around £3m, Hourihane and Bree for a combined, £6m or whatever it was looks like smart and good investment and far from paying over the odds. Taylor has added security down the left whilst making about £6m on that deal. His transfers seem to make sense and decent value for money in the whole. 

Hogan is the big punt and his scoring record is undeniable, hence why he was expected to go to the Prem, if anywhere. 

You can't lump Di Matteo's spending as if Bruce sanctioned them too. It just shows how heavily one sided you see things. 

I'm not critical of Bruce for those signings.. But tell me something where would we be without kodja? Relegated imo 

I'm critical of Bruce Becuase or his negative dire football playing like the underdog... Bringing gabby and Richards back into the frame and his negative subs 

It's just awful to watch and you only need to look at the form table to not get carried away with the wins we have had 

• Like 1

JE certainly has a point about the playing style. For me, it's only the facts that he's had to use RDM's players plus his own have yet to settle that I've given him time. I've been neither here nor there regarding whether Bruce should be sacked but, if we aren't playing decent football and beating teams with more comfort in those last few games of the season, I would be leaning more towards us looking for someone new to take us into next season. 

Fair play to Bruce for turning it around. We shouldn't have been in that position to start with but turning such an awful run of form into three straight wins (and clean sheets) is decent. The challenge now is to avoid going on such a slide again the next time we lose a couple of games in the future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Fair play to Bruce for turning it around. We shouldn't have been in that position to start with but turning such an awful run of form into three straight wins (and clean sheets) is decent. The challenge now is to avoid going on such a slide again the next time we lose a couple of games in the future.

I don't think it was "decent" but more like expected. Derby have been struggling for weeks, Bristol City have struggled for ages too and Rotherham are in league one already. Plus, those results have coincided with the return of Jedinak. I fear those results may not have been the same if the Jedi was still injured. 

He gets us the win on Tuesday I'll be giving him massive credit 

I fear we will be shown exactly what the future looks like vs the past though

Brentford have already done that already 

Â