Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sne said:

Stolen from @Davkaus in the relegation thread

650.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

These stats corroborate pretty much what I've seen when looking at the games that we are steadily getting worse as a team under Bruce.

Kind of ruins the more time needed argument. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Eastie said:

my anger towards Bruce has subsided somewhat but he does need results soon .

Aludded to needing better results during the Newcastle press conference. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Kinda.

But RDM's stats are probably padded out by his first 5 or 6 games where we were actually playing very well. There were a few games in there where we were all over teams and made stupid mistakes to lose points.

I'd be interested to see the same stats for his last 5 games, for example, which is when things really deteriorated. I can't imagine we were getting over 13 shots per game in those.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Given enough time we will undoubtedly pick up the odd win or draw under Bruce.

But yeah, I don't see him turning this around no matter how much time he is given.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kinda.

But RDM's stats are probably padded out by his first 5 or 6 games where we were actually playing very well. There were a few games in there where we were all over teams and made stupid mistakes to lose points.

I'd be interested to see the same stats for his last 5 games, for example, which is when things really deteriorated. I can't imagine we were getting over 13 shots per game in those.

Yes we got worse under RDM as time went on. The same as what's happening with Bruce. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes we got worse under RDM as time went on. The same as what's happening with Bruce. 

Sorry, my post wasn't a defence of Bruce, or really about Bruce. 

Was more just a point about RDM stats and me wondering aloud. Should probably have quoted the OP as opposed to you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry, my post wasn't a defence of Bruce, or really about Bruce. 

Was more just a point about RDM stats and me wondering aloud. Should probably have quoted the OP as opposed to you.

I think you are right.

And I think both teams suffered from having a manager not able to use the players available to build a solid foundation and tactic for the players to play under.

Without a solid structure reality eventually catches up to you, especially when you face teams with managers who are able to adapt and change during games, and you can't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Stolen from @Davkaus in the relegation thread

650.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

These stats corroborate pretty much what I've seen when looking at the games that we are steadily getting worse as a team under Bruce.

That pass accuracy of 74% for RDM is totally misleading. Westwood's 5 yard sideward passes to Gardner accounted for at least 70% of that stat! ;)

He needs players playing regularly together all around the pitch. He needs to drop Grealish because he's not bringing enough quality to the team. Hutton needs dropping too because he offers very little in terms of quality and should be back-up option only.

He also needs to stop chopping and changing formation. Go 3-5-2 with Jedinak in the side (back 3 of Baker, Chester and Elphick. Amavi and Bree at wing back. Jedinak sitting in front of the back 3 with Hourihane and Lansbury ahead of him. Kodjia and Hogan up front) and 4-5-1 when Jedinak is out injured (back four of Amavi, Baker, Chester, Bree. Kodjia and Adomah on the wings with a middle of Hourihane, Lansbury with Thor playing behind Hogan up front). Keep to those formations/players and only change players with like-for-like replacements due to injury or suspension. Just see how it goes for 5 or 6 games and maybe some stability can be gained and we can move on from there.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

This horrible, terrible, annoying, shitty microanalysis of football makes me want to kill myself. 

People need to stop throwing 60 posts a week about every single aspect of the players, the club, the manager and the **** refreshment team - leave their computers and go outside - 90% of the posts in this thread are embarrassing. 

I understand this is a fans forum, but it seems like the same 20 posters, 10 from the for and 10 from the against club who just endlessly recycle their crap statistics (based on 11 frickin' games in a few posts above!) like they mean absolutely anything.  They don't.  It's a tiny, insignificant proportion of anything which loosely and meaninglessly gives weak arguments a bit of substance.

STOP, PLZ JUST STOP. 

Let other people get involved or just don't comment for a few hours.

I don't care about Steve Bruce either way - he's a football manager.  He's previously got it right and wrong at a multitude of clubs and only time will tell if this current bad spell is the end for him or not.  Regardless of that, he's probably only just started to get to Bodymoor Heath without the use of a **** satnav and people already want him to be fired, despite that we've changed the team more or less twice in 6 months.  It should come as little surprise (especially given where we've come from and the crap years before) that with such an enormous personnel change that we're not playing like frickin' 1970's Brazil.

YEA BUT WE LOST AGAINST BRENTFORD AND PRESTON AND THAT OTHER TEAM FROM UP NORTH :(  :(:(  - I don't give a cluck, any team can beat anyone.  Get over it.  This is football, not frickin' top trumps.

71% of your post reflects the same 40% of fans that analyse 21% of games to a 94% level of detail.

If you upped your post count by 38% you'd have 71% more influence on 87% of forum members.

As it stands there's a 71% chance your post will only be read by 17% of members, so a 39% chance of it meaning 0% to 80% of people.

9.5/10

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

71% of your post reflects the same 40% of fans that analyse 21% of games to a 94% level of detail.

If you upped your post count by 38% you'd have 71% more influence on 87% of forum members.

As it stands there's a 71% chance your post will only be read by 17% of members, so a 39% chance of it meaning 0% to 80% of people.

9.5/10

I see you're using my film review scoring system.. nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Putting Lansbury in front of the back four imo is giving license to bypassing the midfield.

Surely, putting Lansbury in front of the back four is allowing him to drop deep to pick the ball up from the back 4 and pick a pass? A lot of midfielders do it. It's exactly how some of the best passers recently have played. What you said doesn't really make sense to me! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Surely, putting Lansbury in front of the back four is allowing him to drop deep to pick the ball up from the back 4 and pick a pass? A lot of midfielders do it. It's exactly how some of the best passers recently have played. What you said doesn't really make sense to me! 

I agree it should do, but nobody seems to have told the back 4. 

• Like 2

I think part of our problem is how we play and move as a team, we really seem to hold onto the ball and movement is so static. The only way to resolve these issues is on the training pitch, it's highly worrying that there's comments that Steve Bruce doesn't even handle training. We need a manager to come in and stamp a philosophy on how we play and drill it into the players that that's all we do. It will go wrong for a few months but then the players will get used to it and we will be better for it in the long run. The start of this season would have been the perfect time to do that, I'm not sure Bruce is the type of manager who can do this. 

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

My point was that Lansbury likes to try 30 yard passes. Doing that regularly to hit the forwards from deep cuts out passing through midfield.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Well I'd like to answer but Lapal Fan says no.

If only it were a Forum where people were free to both write, and read, what they want.

Exactly.

Now shut up and go and now the lawn or something ;)  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

So, be shite but keep a steady course you'll be in champions league soon if you just ignore the shit long enough?

i like my plan better.  

Bruce out !!!!

...and then what?

It can't get any worse?, we said that about Lambert....but it can.;)

Edited by TRO

Â