Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I'm not sure what realistic scenario would get me bk to villa park tbh.

Steve Bruce being manager certainly wouldn't be it.

i have never disliked any villa manager we have ever had.....maybe disliked the football he presided over, but him himself, nah.

I think it is shallow, to take a personal view....they are there to set our team up to win....not become buddies.

The funny thing for me is so many with fervent views.....and no one has a scubby do, who will turn this soap opera in to a fighting machine.

Edited by TRO

A little underwhelmed by Bruce, but I think he'll give us the organisation we missed under RDM - 10 points off the playoffs at this stage is nothing. We'd have all 10 of those points on our current tally if RDMs tactics werent a long term version of Paul Lamberts disastrous second half at Villa Park against Bradford

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Just everything about him bores me to tears.

The name Steve (sorry steve's)

The name Bruce (sorry bruce's)

His style of football

His hair

The teams he has managed are boring teams. Hull. Jesus wept, what a boring place hull is. I spent a day in Hull royal infirmary...... what a boring day that was. 

Steve Bruce has dominated this manager search. This manager search is as boring as I've ever known.

Steve Bruce dominates this thread. This thread is so boring.

This post is about Steve Bruce. What a boring **** post I'm writing here.

You stopped just as it was getting interesting:)

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Personnel come and go, if I'm still a Villa fan after last years debacle, then I doubt there is a candidate out there that would diminish my love for AVFC. I don't mean that to sound corny, but genuinely there isn't a soul left of team, owners, managers, and I doubt coaches or physios that are still there from when I started supporting... no one and nothing will change my love of my club.

I hated the McLeish appointment, not so much because of the SHA connection, but because of the boring play and absent tactics... but I still attended games, bought merchandise, called myself a Villa fan and sung VTID. And I always will.

I'd love us to get promotion this year, get a great manager and it all click and everything be great. But if it's not I'll still be here.

totally agree.i love lord ron of aston.him holding the championship trophy is my screen saver on my laptop and phone,but he was a relative failure at Norwich,man city.i thought we'd get cloughie(he thought so to as he said afterwards),luckily we chose right.if it is bruce who is to say he is not what we need.i've been watching us since 70-71 and to be truthful,i'm buggered if i'd have picked the right manager.have faith,it makes life bearable.drinking helps mind.:cheers:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

A little underwhelmed by Bruce, but I think he'll give us the organisation we missed under RDM - 10 points off the playoffs at this stage is nothing. We'd have all 10 of those points on our current tally if RDMs tactics werent a long term version of Paul Lamberts disastrous second half at Villa Park against Bradford

You logic confuses me....

He will give us organisation, which is one of our main faults.....but you will be underwhelmed by him.;)

33 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Plus he spoke well of a number of our players recently on The Football League Show. Seemed a particularly big fan of Westy.

this is why i hate when we change managers.. they all realise hes shit.. but then we get a new manager in and they want to play him.

Bruce signed Hutton as well didnt he? Great. I pray we have Sean Dyche lined up

I still think it could be Wagner. He would be nuts to turn us down! There is no comparison between the potential at Huddersfield and with us. Opportunities like Villa might only come rarely (or threes or four times a season depending on your perspective ha)

The Huddersfield chairman has made a statement as a preemptive strike to try and hang on to his man but until The uninspiring Bruce is appointed I still think we have a good chance

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

You logic confuses me....

He will give us organisation, which is one of our main faults.....but you will be underwhelmed by him.;)

Tony Pulis would organise us, but Id be underwhelmed by him too.

Just because Bruce could/would/should solve a problem doesnt mean we should be breaking out the marching band when we appoint him.

Incidentally, where is Alex Bruce these days? Doesnt daddy usually sign him?

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

I've invested thousands and thousands of £ and hundreds of hours into Villa and will continue to do so, but as I said I dont get to go to as many games as  I would like because of work, yet still invested a fair wedge on a corporate seat which I rarely use. 

So I'm coming over from New York for Christmas, any chance my wife and I can use your seats for the Boxing Day game vs Burton? ;)

#Chancer

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not really the point is it?

Edit: Out of interest how do you compare a manager that takes over a team that finishes 6th, 6th, 6th and 9th in the top flight, with a manager that takes over a club that just got relegated after 4 relegation battles and has to do a complete rebuild of a team.  Define 'better' to me please?

Easy one that spent 50m at a lower level, gets humiliated by a league two side and only manages to score 12 goals winning one league game all season. I think even mcleish could have bettered that and that is saying something as he was pants as well. 

I don't understand when people keep saying they just don't like Bruce. I like di Matteo and he was crap, so for popularity doesn't come into it as long as he wins us games.

the last four managers have been pants lets get behind our fistface if he is appointed. I think there will be a lot if banter between the fans and him. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, krisagg75 said:

I spend more on vodka and hookers.:P

You have a problem, and you need to face it.

You have to find cheaper vodka.

• Like 1

Tony went up the B6

In a shiny pruis

He pulled into KFC

And that is where he met Bruce.

something...something...something

Completely uninspired by Bruce, especially when Rowett is a Villa fan and looks to be a good young manager. It's systematic of the villa for the last few years though paper over cracks and hope for the best. 

Also jury is very much out on Steve Round over this, I believe RDM wasn't the right choice but where's the planning? Reports of Steve Cotterill being interviewed is small time.