Next Villa Manager

Richard

Hmmm.  Been mulling this over.

Clarke - have been both sides of this situation. You put them in the process but know they'll never get the job. If he was good enough he would have had an impact by now. Won't be happening. 

Bruce - if it's him I hope he does well. Wouldn't be my choice but can see his plus points. If the miracle surge up into playoff places doesn't happen I just can't see him being given any time and I desperately want to hang on to a manager for a while this time.

Still hope there is going to be a surprise here...

If Bruce does come then that match will be even more hostile at the end of the month, I don't think he was even that popular when he left the club to join Wigan. Popular of course when he was there, being ex player and what achieved while he was there, but by god now what will they make of this one. Could you say from the blues point of view this is worse than the McLeish appointment. 

1 minute ago, NuneatonVilla said:

If Bruce does come then that match will be even more hostile at the end of the month, I don't think he was even that popular when he left the club to join Wigan. Popular of course when he was there, being ex player and what achieved while he was there, but by god now what will they make of this one. Could you say from the blues point of view this is worse than the McLeish appointment. 

Blues fans will always love Mcleish because he won them a trophy. They will hate Bruce with a passion. Even more so if he gets us promoted.

9 hours ago, Richard said:

Bruce would also need to implement style changes,  both of them would as one of the issues is we do not have a style / tactical approach to the game right now

Steve Round is responsible for style to a large extent - he's charged with setting up a Villa 'way' and then making sure it's played at all levels of the club, that we recruit to it and that we hire managers who fit within it. Bruce would need to convince Round that his style matches Round's style to a satisfactory degree.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Steve Round is responsible for style to a large extent - he's charged with setting up a Villa 'way' and then making sure it's played at all levels of the club, that we recruit to it and that we hire managers who fit within it. Bruce would need to convince Round that his style matches Round's style to a satisfactory degree.

**** knows what a manager does then 

24 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

No he didn't.  Their chairman did. If Wagner had ruled himself out he still wouldn't be second fav behind Bruce

So the chairman was lying about his manager saying he would not leave for another championship club no matter who it was? Would be a pretty stupid move any way you look at it. I'll keep these straws for you.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Not sure how you come to that opinion to be honest , in fact you should come to the opposite opinion if you pay attention to my posts

i recognise we are in a mess and need long term correction

i do not expect us to get promoted this season and never have

i have previously said we'd finish mid table at best

in fact I'd argue that I have come to terms with it better than those suggesting that we can still get promoted this season and just need Steve Bruce to make that happen!

just because I do not believe Bruce is the man for us does not mean I have not accepted our position , just that I think there are better options for us. 

Bit patronising actually your line I've quoted 

i never meant to be patronising and apologise if you think I was.

I am unsure how you can be convinced that Bruce would not improve us anymore than I can prove he would.....and Who this knight on a white horse might be.

I guess Neil Warnock would be another one to scoff at.....but thats where we are Richard......I think we are making a big mistake thinking these type of guys have nothing to offer us.

We have reached a point, where these guys can offer us something that we haven't got.

These kind of managers are not beneath us anymore.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

If it's between these two then it has to be Bruce 

i must have been in a dark room for far too long....

who the donald duck is Nick Mashiter ???

is he a spoof with that name? I am sure you dont pronounce it as shitter, but i cant stop myself from seeing or saying it as that. I keep thinking his first name is Bull and therefore cant take it serious. Even if it is.

cant believe he is real...although fellow VTers are probably gonna tell me he is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

is he a spoof with that name? I am sure you dont pronounce it as shitter, but i cant stop myself from seeing or saying it as that. I keep thinking his first name is Bull and therefore cant take it serious. Even if it is.

cant believe he is real...although fellow VTers are probably gonna tell me he is.

You don't know who Nick Mashiter is!!!??  

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly! I hated Lerner and refused to ever go to Villa park again after Mcleish because fans even took our time to protest about it and still he ignored it.  If a fan gives up on the club because they don't like his potato face or personality should we really care?

Richard this is directed at you.

From what i can gather he has a good personality.....but why on earth are we disgussing something we could all have a different opinion on.

perhaps its just another example of the twisted criteria some of this clubs fans have of selecting a new manager.

God help us.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Richard, I don't think you have come to terms with our demise and the effect of it.

I went through all this with the likes of Tommy Docherty/ Tommy cummings in the 60/70's

We need a manager who recognises the importance of the basics and actions it.

who ever that may be......it seems to me, no one has a clue.

We are being linked with managers who are in the middle of "projects" just like our own Ron Saunders in the 70's......we have to find our own at the start of our "project"

l don't know whether Steve Bruce is right or an up and coming whipper snapper, its only when you talk/ interview them will you have any idea.

Aston Villa is only a poison chalice.....to those that are unsure of their ability.

A confident soul full of substance....will become a hero.....that I have no doubt.

We have been appointing failures, thats why we are where we are.

and so did Huddersfield, before they found their man.

lord ron of aston  was nothing to write home about until he joined us.(cloughie said he thought he'd got the job as he'd been interviewed).if it's brucie then give the bloke a break.were a championship club(lower half).whoever it is then cut the guy some slack.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

From what i can gather he has a good personality.....but why on earth are we disgussing something we could all have a different opinion on.

perhaps its just another example of the twisted criteria some of this clubs fans have of selecting a new manager.

God help us.

Maybe Richard was hoping to take the next manager out on a date? Bruce wouldn't look good on anyone's arm.

25 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I paid no attention to the guys name when I read the original post. I can't stop laughing now!  Nick Mashitter is genius!