Next Villa Manager

Richard

20 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If it's between these two then it has to be Bruce 

So it's between our current assistant manager or an unemployed manager. Surely out of 25 these are the last two. I can understand Bruce.. but Clarke. Just hire Bruce already to get to know some of the players and facilities etc. 

2 minutes ago, NuneatonVilla said:

Sean Dyche would be great around here but would he really leave a premier league club for us? 

As has already been mentioned, he may feel he has reached the ceiling with Burnley, and fancy the long term vision Xia et al have.

• Like 1

our appointment will show the thinking the Dr has about salvaging the season. If we go for Bruce, imo that means that Xia is backing him to lead us up this year. If he goes down the path of Wagner, then he is going for a longer-term approach. He would get more time than Bruce i would think. Not sure that clarke would be a good appointment anyways. 

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

our appointment will show the thinking the Dr has about salvaging the season. If we go for Bruce, imo that means that Xia is backing him to lead us up this year. If he goes down the path of Wagner, then he is going for a longer-term approach. He would get more time than Bruce i would think. Not sure that clarke would be a good appointment anyways. 

Wagner has ruled himself out about 10 pages ago mate.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i know, i mean that him, or someone of his elk- a younger manager- would get more time than Bruce or others. I would personally rather have a proven bruce than any one else(who would be attainable) other than Dyche. But thats just a pipe dream. Though I can't see Xia having a lot of patience with Bruce if we continue to struggle. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No he didn't.  Their chairman did. If Wagner had ruled himself out he still wouldn't be second fav behind Bruce

I'm fine with Bruce in the championship...he'd get us promoted within 18 months imo. This season looks like a long shot now but you never know. If he can actually get us winning some games that would do for me.

Beyond that though I don't really think Dr Tony's bold ambitions for us correspond with Steve Bruce as manager so I'd like to think this is a necessary appointment to get us promoted and then Tony will dispense once we're back in the prem rather than give him millions to waste...11m for Michael Turner ffs, it would be like MON all over again.

Wanted Bruce and seems he will be the chosen 1,I personally dont care who he has previously played for or managed aslong as he gets Villa winning and back to the Premier League thats all that matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we kept Clarke till end of season. Uprooting whole coaching staff, set up etc in the middle of the season could be a consideration.

Bruce nowadays tends to work with the coaching staff already at clubs...his regular number two used to be Eric  Black...:puke: