Next Villa Manager

Richard

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst not my first choice I wouldn't be disappointed in Bruce. To achieve long term targets, short term targets have to be met first. Obviously the ambition is to get us to the premier league and I'd Bruce can do that this season great. From there we can build on top of that achievement. That's what Southampton did, Adkins was sacked even though he was doing reasonably well because someone better was available. Yes it helped that they a good a solid base o a football style, so a new manager just improved that. But the principle is still the same.

I agree with this. Bruce would be a good appointment for that very reason.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Would rather have dean smith from Brentford than Bruce (now that Wagner looks like a no go) 

As a villa fan, he'd have the passion and desire to succeed like John Gregory who was great for us (until falling out with Doug) 

we need someone who wants to give their all and not just take the nice pay packet. 

I fear under Bruce, the crowd will turn very quickly if he doesn't get off to a flying start. We'd then be in another situation with a toxic atmosphere every time we play. 

I agree with this completely... but I have recently heard a few bad reviews from walsall fans that he can't make a good change when needed, waiting to the 75 min to make a change. We have been lacking a manager with complete faith in his ability that he hasn't bottled his plan after a slight turn in supporters, we were playing fine at the beginning and had luck been on our side this season it could be so different, but those reviews from the walsall lads have made me doubt myself.... I really am not sure anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course it was a mistake. At that time the amount he was backed financially was ridiculous and in the main he blew it on overpaid English players.  He had no long term plan at all. I'm sick of Villa backing the wrong managers financially and when we get a manager who is half decent in the transfer market he gets F all to spend.

Anyway we are going totally off topic.  No more Gregory's, Sherwoods or O'Neil.  A manager that doesn't just make a career out of man management please! 

No more Gregory's or O'Neills who had us finishing in the top 6 in the premier league?

Okay

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think JG ever finished lower than 6th, what absolute bollox you on about. His biggest crime was probably drawing a bit too much and he didn't even get all the money he wanted. 

Mate he inherited a team that finished 4th and 5th and was given a lot of money to take us to the next level. We were actually considered to be one of the top 6 teams in that country at that time and contenders for the title.  So its the time to get a proper big name experience manager in. If he was such a top manager where is he now?

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him. I blame the board for keeping him on backing him financially.  Another perfect example of the short sightedness that has blighted our club for years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

No more Gregory's or O'Neills who had us finishing in the top 6 in the premier league?

Okay

Talk about totally missing my point. Its fine.  The sarcastic tone of your post is clear you will never get it.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Possibly not. Is the Villa job as stressful as we think though? To someone with pedigree like Rangnick he shouldn't be overawed by an underachieving, mid-level English club. Perhaps the stress has got to people like Sherwood and Lambert because they never had the experience or the pedigree for a club this size.

I think the stress got to Sherwood cos he is not that bright once you see past his bluffing persona. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think JG ever finished lower than 6th, what absolute bollox you on about. His biggest crime was probably drawing a bit too much and he didn't even get all the money he wanted. 

Another questions for you to think about.  Did JG spend more money than Brian Little? If so why didn't we improve on what Little created?  Leave it at that because gone off topic.

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

That's exactly what Watford done with Slavisa Jokanovic.

It worked out fine for them.

Cool and how many did they get through in the 12 months prior to that ?

After not really understanding the calls for Steve Bruce across social media, I decided to take a little time and look back through the squads he assembled over the years at the different clubs he'd managed. 

Now I understand even less, why people want Steve Bruce here.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

You where on about laying him a few pages back.

I think it has become more and more obvious as the day has progressed that he's the front runner. 

That and I have concussion! Srs. 

Betting has nothing to do with my opinion on what is right though, for what it's worth. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

After not really understanding the calls for Steve Bruce across social media, I decided to take a little time and look back through the squads he assembled over the years at the different clubs he'd managed. 

Now I understand even less, why people want Steve Bruce here.

He would be totally the wrong choice for us 

• Like 1

I hope those arguing for Bruce are right. Got to be honest, the idea of him completely underwhelms me and my worry is a section of our fans will have little patience if he doesn't deliver quick or makes mistakes. Think all of us need to get behind him if he's appointed and hope he can get some early results on the board to build a bit of positive momentum. #WorriedaboutBruce

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Who is this mystery second person then? If Wagner has told his chairman he isn't going anywhere, he's also bound to have told the doc. 

Yet the doc says down to 2.. Maybe Wags was the third. 

Bruce has a very impressive CV, but if Smith walks into a room with the Doctor, there is going to be some serious Villa love flowing. 

Still hoping for Dyche.