Next Villa Manager

Richard

4 hours ago, Richard said:

For me long term is more than 12 months.  Some are saying get Bruce,  he gets us up this year then we change in the summer.  Bonkers

That's exactly what Watford done with Slavisa Jokanovic.

It worked out fine for them.

• Like 2

I know many don't take notice of bookies but NO WAY is it Clarke at 12-1.  Its a 2 horse race with Bruce way in front.  

Imagine you apply for a job and the Agency tell you you are one of the standout candidates and the job is as good as yours.  But the truth is there is another candidate but he is not available and well take some persuading.  So you do the interview and the agency continues to tell you that the job is as good as your and they are just sorting the formalities and to wait.  Eventually the person they want says No and the job is yours. 

Thats Bruce and Wagner.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Me too, but the bracket makes it vague - suppose it wouldn't be Tony without a little ambiguity thrown in.  Appreciated the tweet though

Strange. I read the last sentence to refer to the decision on RDM.  Surely no "decision WAS made" in relation to the incoming guy? 

Whilst not my first choice I wouldn't be disappointed in Bruce. To achieve long term targets, short term targets have to be met first. Obviously the ambition is to get us to the premier league and I'd Bruce can do that this season great. From there we can build on top of that achievement. That's what Southampton did, Adkins was sacked even though he was doing reasonably well because someone better was available. Yes it helped that they a good a solid base o a football style, so a new manager just improved that. But the principle is still the same.

if, as The Dr has said its down to two, we are making assumptions Bruce has the job. Its safe to say that Bruce is clearly in the frame but we do not know for sure who the other name is. Its not nailed on its Bruce yet. Think we will know for sure this time next week, we might all be pleasantly surprised or we might be going yeah it was Bruce all along.

There may yet be a twist to all of this.

Would rather have dean smith from Brentford than Bruce (now that Wagner looks like a no go) 

As a villa fan, he'd have the passion and desire to succeed like John Gregory who was great for us (until falling out with Doug) 

we need someone who wants to give their all and not just take the nice pay packet. 

I fear under Bruce, the crowd will turn very quickly if he doesn't get off to a flying start. We'd then be in another situation with a toxic atmosphere every time we play. 

• Like 3

Just now, theboyangel said:

Would rather have dean smith from Brentford than Bruce (now that Wagner looks like a no go) 

As a villa fan, he'd have the passion and desire to succeed like John Gregory who was great for us (until falling out with Doug) 

we need someone who wants to give their all and not just take the nice pay packet. 

I fear under Bruce, the crowd will turn very quickly if he doesn't get off to a flying start. We'd then be in another situation with a toxic atmosphere every time we play. 

Hang on a minute lets not get carried away.  The time we kept JG on and gave him millions to spend was the time to get a proper manager and build. That was one of the biggest mistakes in our history regardless of how well we did for half a season. JG was nothing but a Sherwood.  Complete fraud.

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

i can hear the Holte End now in full cry with a full on ''sit down potato head'' belting out....

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hang on a minute lets not get carried away.  The time we kept JG on and gave him millions to spend was the time to get a proper manager and build. That was one of the biggest mistakes in our history regardless of how well we did for half a season. JG was nothing but a Sherwood.  Complete fraud.

Very harsh indeed to compare him to sherwood. 

JG really cared about the club and wanted the players to too. 

I wouldn't call his tenure a mistake (bosko balaban omitted from that claim ;))

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Very harsh indeed to compare him to sherwood. 

JG really cared about the club and wanted the players to too. 

I wouldn't call his tenure a mistake (bosko balaban omitted from that claim ;))

Of course it was a mistake. At that time the amount he was backed financially was ridiculous and in the main he blew it on overpaid English players.  He had no long term plan at all. I'm sick of Villa backing the wrong managers financially and when we get a manager who is half decent in the transfer market he gets F all to spend.

Anyway we are going totally off topic.  No more Gregory's, Sherwoods or O'Neil.  A manager that doesn't just make a career out of man management please! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
edit: What the hell was he doing singing on Ian Wrights chat show and playing a cameo in Dream Team! Guy was a joke.
  • Like 2