Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He really wouldnt.  We need a manager who can get the team playing with a bit of physicality and take not sh1t.  Also i don't want to see another Scottish manager  or caretaker manager or coach at Villa as long as i live.

Bit harsh—there have been plenty of good Scottish managers. Also, I am disappointed to hear this as I'm half Scottish and would like the job—I fancy getting one of these payouts on the occurrence of my inevitable sacking and win ratio of about 11% (like the rest of our managers). I could take the flak for a few months to become a millionaire. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Richard said:

If he thinks promotion is still achievable then first of all he's a bit deluded but he will look to make a quick appointment 

Why wouldn't promotion still be achievable? We're ten points from sixth place. 

• Like 1

Just now, praisedmambo said:

Bit harsh—there have been plenty of good Scottish managers. Also, I am disappointed to hear this as I'm half Scottish and would like the job—I fancy getting one of these payouts on the occurrence of my inevitable sacking and win ratio of about 11% (like the rest of our managers). I could take the flak for a few months to become a millionaire. 

I didnt say there wasnt, just Villa hasnt had any Joy with them.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Agree, with the right manager its not an issue.  Need someone who will give this team abit of backbone.  McCarthy, Warnock spring to mind... At this stage forget about playing football the right way, its win horribly and get promoted.

12 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Well 6th place doesn't mean promotion. Top two are promotion but finishing 4th-6th is only a 1 in 4 chance (in fact being promoted from 6th probably happens less than that).

I would not count on going up via the lottery of the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

It's a depressing state of affairs, and you know how low we've sunk, when I'm thinking Bruce is the kind of manager we need. :(

To be fair, he did ok for a period of time at a number of ok clubs.

What more could we possibly aspire to?

We've had that French bloke, whatsisname, the one that never smiled, that was a chance for a 'foreign gem' to be found. We had Sherwood who taught us how to combine betting tic tac gestures with techno. We had steady old Eric, who I suspect didn't know he had the job and was surprised every week when asked for press interviews.

Not sure what new variation we can throw at it. Other than have it as a supporters' lottery prize to run the club for a month. 

Just hoping the Doctor manages to find a beaut next time. Our best manager in months.

• Like 2