Next Villa Manager

Richard

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I thought Preston looked well managed, given the resources.

And as Michael118 says, I wouldn't touch Steve Bruce with a bargepole. It would be a disastrous appointment. Don't people learn? Well obviously not, but still...

I thankfully missed the Preston match.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce.

Won't be popular with all but for me he is the right choice.

Agreed has promotion experience , doubt there are many other options with as many promotions as him.

Would do for me , or I'd take Houghton from Brighton

Just now, Nabby said:

Agreed has promotion experience , doubt there are many other options with as many promotions as him.

Warnock has more, but I would cry if we appointed him. I'm just fairly certain it won't be Holloway.

I would normally be on the "Not Bruce" bench but the club is crying out for someone that can take it by the scruff of the neck and his that man.

He speaks his mind, he takes blame when its his to take and he isn't afraid to slam the players.

Someone said he isn't strong enough, he is more than strong enough.

If we appoint Bruce, he has my support...100%.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The club have to get this appointment right. In the last 12 months we have had more managers than wins and that is absolute madness. We can’t afford anymore gambles so it is a safe pair of hands in Bruce for me. Four promotions, and one of those just last season. He knows this division and what it takes to get out of it. I think he would have us quickly organised.

He also knows all about us as well having lived in the area for so long. He knows how big the club is and the expectation levels.

I think he could hit the ground ruining and that is exactly what we need. Long term if the goal is to be in the upper echelons of the Premier League he is not the man but he is the man to take us the first steps to getting there.

As much as it would pain me to see Bruce here, this is a very sensible point. 

Just seen the news this morning, can't say I'm too surprised. Preston was a hammer blow to an already poor list of results having been backed heavily with both resources & time. 

I can't see a popular appointment out there right now, at least one that is obtainable. I'm pretty worried about the immediate run of games.

What is going on at this club, how can things keep going this way after us supposedly rooting out all the 'poison' and a huge change in personnel. 

• Like 1

Houghton would of been my choice in first place , comes across as a very decent chap perhaps question's can be asked of his ability in prem league but at championship level has done very well first with newly relegated Newcastle with big expectations and then with Birmingham and Brighton neither who have any cash.

• Like 1

If it's Bruce then this time next year we will be looking for another manager and the argument that we keep changing managers will be used again. 

We do not need to keep changing managers it is destructive for a club like us. We need to appoint a hood manager and keep him. It is the appointing a good manager which seems impossible ! Needs to be Rowett 

• Like 1

Gloom. How often can a club get a decent managerial appointment mid-season? Bet we will end up with a sub-optimal appointment. 

Genuinely don't know what we should be looking for now. Do we go for a promising manager who has done well in the championship, like Lee Johnson/David Wagner/Simon Grayson/Dean Smith? There's no guarantee they could make the change to a troubled and shambolic club like Villa and it would be a shame to wreck their careers so early.

Or a big beast who could manage all the tensions and have the strength to implement the desperately needed change at the club? Not sure how many big beasts are out of a job at the moment and those that are may be out of work for good reason.

On 01/10/2016 at 17:29, trekka said:

The thing is, as much as you may dislike them, the likes of Bruce etc may actually do a decent job in at least steadying the ship.  We need a proven Championship manager now to get us out of the shite. I'm not so sure Dean Smith has that pedigree.  

Bruce for me too - if it is him I hope people don't use his blues connection against him - has won 4 promotions and knows what it takes - he will inherit a decent team and instill discipline and confidence .