• Cissokho
    • McCormack
    • Amavi (McCormack 45)
    • Bacuna (De Laet 67)
    • Gardner (Gestede 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just got back. First half we played quite well, then on 35 minutes we just stopped playing. 

Other than a couple of flashes in the second half we didn't do anything, but kept Brentford contained. I can't remember Gollini having a serious save of note during the game. 

On 80 minutes it literally went to pot. Every player in a villa shirt panicked as soon as they got the ball. 

The only player to come out of the second half with any credit for me is Westwood. He was the only one who was trying for close down Brentford and was the furthest player forward on a number of occasions. 

This 4-2-4 doesn't work, play the players in the right positions and results will change

• Like 1

I do wonder if it's possible to get any lower as a villa fan? I'm certainly at my lowest point.

This is a league where the contenders to go up are winning week in, week out, as we are already seeing from the likes of Newcastle and Norwich. Can anyone honestly see us in that position this season? It's becoming more and more apparent that it could be years before we even resemble a competent football team.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was at the game. It was piss poor. Players out of position and a midfield that went missing. Brentford bossed us after the first goal. We scored and imminently sat back and let them play. You could see all game what was going to happen. Couldn't call on any of the bench players to make a difference as the bench was full of defenders, one who came on and played as a winger after Ross (striker) was playing as an attacking mid/wide player.

We have changed manager/owner/players and nothing has changed from last season. It's the same shit.

Me too just got back! 

Out played out battled by Brentford same old shit... I Really am sick of it... At one point amarvi had swapped with kodjja and was playing right mid!!!!! Yes that's right everyone.... Amarvi right midfield!!!!!!! What does RDM say to the players at half time?????? Elphick..... I like the guy but blimey he has more than one mistake a game in him!!! Gardner needs to not be played!! I could go on but I'm just too fed up!

• Like 1

Just got back. Completely gutted and deflated by that.  It all just feels so familiar.  What the hell were we doing in that second half?  You could just see their goal coming but they will not help themselves.  Score - drop deep and invite pressure - concede - repeat.  What annoys me is when we are playing normally the opposition have few if any chances - why do we insist on changing because we have a goal.  Just keep the same shape, keep playing, keep attacking. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

51 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

As long as Westwood stays in that midfield we will never do well. He brings zilch to the party

This is the key thing for me. He attracts negativity, he's weak, any pressure and he buckles. He's been utter gash for 5 years. Every time he starts we're giving the opposition a way into the game. He literally offers nothing positive to this team

The rest of the players are words removed too - but we can't expect to win games if we have weak, cowardly, abject losers like Westwood playing every game. 

• Like 3

I said to my son that I bet Brentford score right at the end; I even said on 88 minutes too. The fans around us in the Holte were going ape sh*t during the second half. Utterly pathetic, same old ponderous build up play, little end product and a defensive howler. Welcome to the world of  Aston Villa.

1 hour ago, Newry_Villan said:

This club is cursed.

Division change.

Owner change.

Manager change.

Players change.

Set-up change.

....But we are still getting atrocious results?

This s*** is unbearable and can only be put down to some sort of hex on the club.

57 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I would love to hear from someone who was at the game.

Well I was and it was grim viewing. Out smarted in midfield again, Oh and too many players playing out of position. Little end product and rightly booed off at the end. I am rapidly losing faith in RDM.

And the irony of us struggling against Brentford and Albrighton scoring in the Champions League.......

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Obviously Tshibola was injured still

Well a mate of my son's saw him in Sainsbury's at Mere Green and asked him if he was fit. He said yes and he was playing tonight. Confusing or what!

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

No there isn't. The fans are edgy as f***. Every game when we are leading the atmosphere just goes so jittery after a little spell of pressure. This causes it to build and build. It's a combination of the players not being able to deal with this nervousness and the fans being incapable of getting behind the team when they get put under the cosh.

What comes first the chicken or the egg....and what happens when you play behind closed doors.

The fans are not the problem....The way the team is set up is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gatecrasha said:

As long as Westwood stays in that midfield we will never do well. He brings zilch to the party

Too weak and too defensive. Oh and Gardner is dreadful too.

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

No there isn't. The fans are edgy as f***. Every game when we are leading the atmosphere just goes so jittery after a little spell of pressure. This causes it to build and build. It's a combination of the players not being able to deal with this nervousness and the fans being incapable of getting behind the team when they get put under the cosh.

It wasn't like that tonight. Honestly. I don't think our problems are mental.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Broken record, but i'm telling you, it's the bloody midfield! Tshibola AND Jedinak in and we win these games, still pathetic, we need our first choice XI ffs!!!

I think we need those two and one more - no two of our midfielders are good enough on their own - we need three from Jedinak, Westwood, Tshibola and Gardner starting every game.

• Like 2

Â