PieFacE

7 minutes ago, sne said:

On any given season anyone keeping up with Man C is having a great season. Even when City are faltering a bit by their standards.

What gets me is people seem surprised when Man City come back into it. Seems like most seasons they have a little blip before Christmas, everyone thinks they aren’t in it that season and then they go on an insane run and win the league at a canter

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Game yesterday the Swedish studio and commentators where bleating on about how City have such a thin squad and that's why they've "struggled" this season. GTFO, they have a stronger squad than arguably anyone in football.

And they’re top if they win their game in hand. Really struggling 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Wenger was celebrating scraping into 4th by the end. He wasn’t challenging for titles. 

But what I always liked about him was he was winning things, they won 3 or 4 FA cups at the death of Wenger didn't they? 

It's sad how celebrated say spurs have become when they've actually done nothing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Strange what people now laud as a good, title challenging Arsenal side would have been deemed a failure under Wenger.

Arsenal challenged for zero titles in the last 10 seasons under Wegner... The last season they realistically had a chance to win the title was 07/08

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

They had the title in their own hands last season.... They lost it

Or.... Saka played 60 games last season whereas Grealish foden and Mahrez played 40...

I'm looking already at the business end of this season thinking declan rice has started 25 games, rodri has started 20, not only will that gap get bigger but man city have kovacic waiting in the wings and then you say OK but arsenal have jorginho and then you say but man city have £50m phillips (!)

but seriously man city's rotation is untouchable, I'm not a believer that arsenal bottled it last year more that man city's rotation is inevitable, it's what won them the trebel and for as exciting as they'll make this year out to be they will win it all again

• Like 4

For me Arsenal blew there title chances in the summer window £170 on Havertz & Rice, don't get me wrong Rice is a cracking player but they didn't need strengthening the midfield & Havertz 🤦‍♂️ well enough said about him, Chelsea must of been pissing themselves when Arsenal handed over £65 million. They need & needed a striker last season & they didn't do anything in the summer to fix it, should of gone all in for  Victor Osimhen £100 million +. Man City or Liverpool will win the league they have the fire power. Glad to see them stuttering again, can't stand there intitled fans 😡

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or.... Saka played 60 games last season whereas Grealish foden and Mahrez played 40...

I'm looking already at the business end of this season thinking declan rice has started 25 games, rodri has started 20, not only will that gap get bigger but man city have kovacic waiting in the wings and then you say OK but arsenal have jorginho and then you say but man city have £50m phillips (!)

but seriously man city's rotation is untouchable, I'm not a believer that arsenal bottled it last year more that man city's rotation is inevitable, it's what won them the trebel and for as exciting as they'll make this year out to be they will win it all again

So who picked Saka for 60 matches, and refused to sub him many times when he didn't need to be on the pitch...... Arteta. Better manager would have managed his squad better.... They definitely bottled it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So who picked Saka for 60 matches, and refused to sub him many times when he didn't need to be on the pitch...... Arteta. Better manager would have managed his squad better.... They definitely bottled it

Subbed him for who?

Arsenal are swapping saka for ESR (who I'm sure had a bad injury last season?) or Neilson

That's what I'm trying say, man city have Doku injured they swap him out for £100m Grealish, or alvarez

There's still a huge gulf between the 2 clubs, like £200-500m between them...

Edit - I'm half passed throwing numbers out here but arsenals £700m team threw it away to man city's £1.5bn team last year and everyone looked at arsenal and asked how...

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Subbed him for who?

Arsenal are swapping saka for ESR (who I'm sure had a bad injury last season?) or Neilson

That's what I'm trying say, man city have Doku injured they swap him out for £100m Grealish, or alvarez

There's still a huge gulf between the 2 clubs, like £200-500m between them...

Edit - I'm half passed throwing numbers out here but arsenals £700m team threw it away to man city's £1.5bn team last year and everyone looked at arsenal and asked how...

I definitely remember Saka picking up an injury in the last 15 minutes of a match when the result was sorted, I am not completely disagreeing with your general point but they lost the title last season imo

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Arteta has spent £700m, whilst inheriting Saka, Saliba and Martinelli who Emery bought in to the side.

Pep does have a few misses when it comes to transfers, but Arteta seems to get it horribly wrong most of the time and leaves him with no depth.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rodri has missed 4 league games through suspension and 2 dead rubber Champions League games. Has started every other game when available

Â