Steve Round

meme

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I guess the only question is why this didn't happen weeks ago, or at very least immediately after Wyness.

We weren't taken over by the trilliomaires yet.

Duuuhhhhh

• Haha 1

Thought he was a complete bullshiter  - I am concerned however that we have no one to steer our ship - other than Dr Loony on the other side of the world via skype.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I guess the only question is why this didn't happen weeks ago, or at very least immediately after Wyness.

First day back at training today - Either he was holding the fort for Bruce to return - or with Wyness gone there was to be a bit of restructuring and maybe the revised role for SR was unacceptable to him or SB 

no big loss. Did nothing at this club. Recruitment has been awful. Over paid for average players and old players brought in. Where is this so called engine? Hiring a manager who will not bring these young guys through. Just plain dumb right across the board. Bye. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Did nothing, got paid well for it.

Very damaging appointment when you think we could have gotten someone in with half a clue instead and be 2 years down the line of a proper plan by now.

In relative terms I don't think he was well paid. Although he had a grand title he wasn't that senior a figure at the club - he was a glorified coaching advisor.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

In relative terms I don't think he was well paid. Although he had a grand title he wasn't that senior a figure at the club - he was a glorified coaching advisor.

I'm more bothered that we had to listen to all that Villa Engine bollox for so long, when all he was seemingly doing was playing solitaire and letting Bruce sign whoever he liked.

Are you all gone  crazy? The last person who actually had a football background gone?

All the hell is running this **** club? We seriously as fans need to protest against this its becoming a bloody circus

• Confused 1

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cash-strapped-aston-villa-tell-12852055

Steve Round has been sensationally sacked by Aston Villa.

The club's director of football was told the news this morning at the club's Recon Training facility as part of a major re-organisation at Villa Park.

Can’t easily link text as I am on a train with just my iPhone. Hope someone else can do it.

Says Round was sacked by Luke Organ and Rontgian He (sp?).

So I guess they’re in charge now. Along with that  Chinese lady?

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Bruce to follow, no doubt.

I think so.  Organ and He have flown out this morning to Portugal to meet Bruce tomorrow when he joins up with the squad.

I have a funny feeling they are the furniture removal men doing the needful as the house has or is on the brink of being sold.

Hopefully a big announcement in the coming couple o days.

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you all gone  crazy? The last person who actually had a football background gone?

All the hell is running this **** club? We seriously as fans need to protest against this its becoming a bloody circus

I think some may just be happy that Bruce will probably be sacked next, to the exclusion of all else - and regardless of the fact that the club appears to be in chaos.

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I think some may just be happy that Bruce will probably be sacked next, to the exclusion of all else - and regardless of the fact that the club appears to be in chaos.

They be happy then realise how little experience this little committee has in recruiting managers and we get someone like Owen Coyle that nobody wants.

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Bruce getting Sacked, well at least would be one good thing will come out of all this.

Edited by HeyAnty
changed
  • Like 2

Why are people worried about this?  He had absolutely no experience or qualifications to do this job.  Might as well ask Colin Calderwood to take over as Director of Football.

He was unqualified for the job and failed at the job.  Whatever the hell the job is anyway!

Edited by sidcow

Â