The Championship thread

TrentVilla

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Very sad for Stephen Darby, remember him years back coming through at Liverpool and had a solid lower league career since. MND is horrible and sadly life limiting. Didn't realise he was married to Steph Houghton (England women captain).

They do seem to be on the brink of making a massive breakthrough with that whole family of illnesses.  Parkinsons, Alzheimers/dementia, ALS, all the brain deterioration stuff.  It's just so time-critical for the people already diagnosed :(

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Tyler o.k enough for you tonight!;)

1 game doesn't make a season, had he shown the composure vs Millwall he did tonight we would have won. 

But yes?

He was excellent vs Preston.

2 lovely finishes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

They do seem to be on the brink of making a massive breakthrough with that whole family of illnesses.  Parkinsons, Alzheimers/dementia, ALS, all the brain deterioration stuff.  It's just so time-critical for the people already diagnosed :(

I hope so man, it’s a horrendous disease and arguably one of the most heart breaking

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Sadly I don't think that breakthrough is as close as is being touted. I don't think we'll see a cure or way to stop/control the symptoms in our lifetime. Much like cancer or AIDS solving it is never as simple as people think and the breakthroughs in research are never as ground breaking as first thought. Hopefully I'm wrong as those illnesses run in my family.

Edited by villa89

Tuesday was a bloody odd game.

First 20 minutes or so we carved WBA open at will and they probably couldn't have complained if we had gone 2/3-0 up.

Then they get a penalty after our LB gets caught on the back and they score 3 goals in 15/20 minutes.

After that it goes back to before, can't overly complain about the result as the individual errors gifted them glorious chances that you'd expect to be scored, but WBA couldn't have really complained if they had lost 4-2.

12 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Tuesday was a bloody odd game.

First 20 minutes or so we carved WBA open at will and they probably couldn't have complained if we had gone 2/3-0 up.

Then they get a penalty after our LB gets caught on the back and they score 3 goals in 15/20 minutes.

After that it goes back to before, can't overly complain about the result as the individual errors gifted them glorious chances that you'd expect to be scored, but WBA couldn't have really complained if they had lost 4-2.

talking to my dad about it last night he said he had to turn it off because you were battering them and it thought 4-4 was inevitable

he said sky kept referring to it as "that crazy game"

On 22/09/2018 at 08:08, Demitri_C said:

Another bad result for Bristol.city. bet they turn up against us though. 

"Another" is a bit much.

WBA was off the back of 4 wins, pretty much made it a free hit and the better side lost, though WBA probably have one of the best attacking line ups in the League.

Wigan away was a poor result, absolutely.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2018 at 00:09, VillaChris said:

I take it you're liking Wiemann so far?

Missed that post.

Yes, Weimann has been very good for us so far, his movement and the runs he makes are exactly what we needed in someone who was essentially replacing Reid.

Confident he will hit 15+ goals if he doesn't pick up a serious injury.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Missed that post.

Yes, Weimann has been very good for us so far, his movement and the runs he makes are exactly what we needed in someone who was essentially replacing Reid.

Confident he will hit 15+ goals if he doesn't pick up a serious injury.

Is he playing central as he rarely played that position for us

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah, playing as part of a front 2 centrally.

A real menace for defences, him and Taylor have been a real handful (Taylor rarely causes problems against Championship sides before this season, but has struggled with injuries)

Weimann and Diedhiou is, on paper, a very good partnership, but I feel they aren't on the same wavelength yet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Although that was more down to Lambert than anything else.  Weimann was always a natural finisher.

• 2 weeks later...
Â