The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I accidentally tried Crib Goch and it scared the shit out of me. So good luck! :D 

Thank you   

I accidentally agreed to it not realising how difficult it was 🤣

I went and did Ben Nevis via the experienced climbing route (you go around the back of it instead of using the usual tourist route with steps most of the way up). Fitness wise I really wasn't up to the job and it was a big mistake, damn near killed me but I made it in the end.

Good luck on your climb but it will be a struggle if your fitness isn't there.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

I went to Nether Stowy or summat last Wednesday night to stay in a log cabin for a few nights, then on the way home stopped at Weston Super Mare because some friends of ours were down and going to the airshow. 

It was fine, a nice day was had by all. 

But, there were lots of thick, lower class brummies there.  And I don't even class myself as anything other than working class scum, but it's the ones with 5 year old kids wearing nappies and a babies bottle with water in, running around his moms pushchair filled with chicken dippers and blue drink, on the phone, literally yelling down it trying to give directions to someone who doesn't identify a bunch of huge bouncy castles as a landmark.  Then the woman on the phones friend yelling at the woman on the phone to give her ideas as to which landmark she should use to the person on the phone.  I was in a queue for a packet of chips, standing about 30m away from these people, with a busy road between us and everyone in the queue could hear what they were saying.  

Then woman on the phones fella came along, shirtless with st.georges flags tatted all over his arms, also yelling about what to say to the person on the phone.  

Obviously during the yelling, there was lots of "dickhead" "**** say this!" kinda stuff going down too. Cans of drink in all of their hands, fags in the free hand and all of the people I saw had bite marks on their legs and the two women had days-old love bites on their necks. 

I mean.. surely, even if you were born into extreme poverty, didn't have much pride and ate dog baff 3 times a day, you could have done a better job of looking less of a tramp than that particular group of people. 

How la-de-da. 

• Like 2

I went last summer for the first time in about 20 years, its grim! they've tried to do it up a bit but it didn't really work did it? the old weatherspoons in town is horrific (the newer one on the sea front isn't so bad)

my brother goes there 4 or 5 times a year because of how easy it is and tbf the beach isn't that bad (even if the sea is a 4km walk most of the time)

the main annoyance for me was how expensive everything was, the trip down is fine, the air bnb was cheap I think but then once you've left that its just pissing money away

43 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Good luck on your climb but it will be a struggle if your fitness isn't there.

It isn't, I'll definitely struggle. My mate keeps talking about the views, I'll just be happy to come back unscathed 😥

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I mean.. surely, even if you were born into extreme poverty, didn't have much pride and ate dog baff 3 times a day, you could have done a better job of looking less of a tramp than that particular group of people. 

How la-de-da. 

I'm the same as you, I consider myself working class really but there's another breed of people altogether on a lower rung of the ladder. I've no idea what they are but you can spot them a mile off. I don't know if its just a general lack of intelligence but with that comes an arrogance to just do and act as you please with no consideration for others.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, av1 said:

It isn't, I'll definitely struggle. My mate keeps talking about the views, I'll just be happy to come back unscathed 😥

You'd be ok on a normal Snowdon climb I would think. It's not that tough depending on the route.

But Crib Goch is tough. I'm sure there's a safe "easier" way to do it. But when I accidentally went that way it was kinda scary to be honest.

You'll be fine, but you'll feel it!

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

But, there were lots of thick, lower class brummies there.  And I don't even class myself as anything other than working class scum, but it's the ones with 5 year old kids wearing nappies and a babies bottle with water in, running around his moms pushchair filled with chicken dippers and blue drink, on the phone, literally yelling down it trying to give directions to someone who doesn't identify a bunch of huge bouncy castles as a landmark.  Then the woman on the phones friend yelling at the woman on the phone to give her ideas as to which landmark she should use to the person on the phone.  I was in a queue for a packet of chips, standing about 30m away from these people, with a busy road between us and everyone in the queue could hear what they were saying.  

Then woman on the phones fella came along, shirtless with st.georges flags tatted all over his arms, also yelling about what to say to the person on the phone.  

Obviously during the yelling, there was lots of "dickhead" "**** say this!" kinda stuff going down too. Cans of drink in all of their hands, fags in the free hand and all of the people I saw had bite marks on their legs and the two women had days-old love bites on their necks. 

How la-de-da. 

Scum. Sub human scum. 

This country

alan-partridge-appreciation-night-with-a

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, av1 said:

Mate, with the weather forecast being what it is, I'd seriously reconsider taking part if you think you're 3 stone overweight and unfit. 

• Like 1

WFH today as was at a conference in Gloucestershire yesterday... few too many ciders and gins while sat on the hotel terrace last night so feeling a bit jaded today. Will have an early night.

Few scoops in Brum tomorrow daytime with my oldest and closest friends for my birthday. Forecast is 31 degrees! 😎

Sunday will be recovering and moaning that I am too old to drink all day! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Few scoops in Brum tomorrow daytime with my oldest and closest friends for my birthday. Forecast is 31 degrees! 😎

......i feel a visit to the keg and grill is on the cards 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

......i feel a visit to the keg and grill is on the cards 😉

That could be an option! My mate who is up from London is a big fan of the mixed grill pub, something that seems to be lacking dahn saaarf

• Like 1

Birthday beers tomorrow in Shifnal with a couple of mates. Nothing too crazy - have a bigger get together planned for next weekend, a joint birthday thing with another mate (really just an excuse to go out, catch up and have a few drinks). Tomorrow will be the warm up.

Sunday, recover and maybe paint a few doors/other jobs around the house.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Scum. Sub human scum.

I know it's a joke but people need to stop feeling so free to use these kinds of phrases when talking about other people.

We're all human. Other people's fallibilities and the things that make them appear so objectionable to us are part not only of their humanity but ours, too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 28/06/2019 at 18:02, mottaloo said:

Mate, with the weather forecast being what it is, I'd seriously reconsider taking part if you think you're 3 stone overweight and unfit. 

Managed to do it, just back at the swallow falls pub having a well deserved beer. 

To be honest i was really scared about Crib Goch from the videos I'd seen on youtube, but whilst scary, i was ok going up, coming down was the issue. I lost my footing a few times which was pretty scary. 

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

Managed to do it, just back at the swallow falls pub having a well deserved beer. 

To be honest i was really scared about Crib Goch from the videos I'd seen on youtube, but whilst scary, i was ok going up, coming down was the issue. I lost my footing a few times which was pretty scary. 

Glad it went well for you and i bet that beer tasted all the nicer !

Well done 👊

On 28/06/2019 at 21:16, Shropshire Lad said:

Birthday beers tomorrow in Shifnal with a couple of mates.

What is Shifnal like? Its one of those places I see on the sat nav (like Whitchurch) when i'm hooning down the M54

5 hours ago, Xela said:

What is Shifnal like? Its one of those places I see on the sat nav (like Whitchurch) when i'm hooning down the M54

Shifnal is nice enough. Very small not really a lot there but you could get a night out there. Not talking pub crawl level but a passable night out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Just back from a 13 hour bender (insert jpeg) in Brum. 

Feel as rough as a badgers arse. 

I couldn't find a suitable kenny williams/rough arse jpeg, so this will have to do.

Surely you made it to the keg ?

C_UE-roWAAE5UC7.jpg

Â