Turkish Coup

StanBalaban

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Things are getting strange. All of the mosques have signaled the call for prayer. 

Would you interpret this as a call for people to come out to the streets or to get off the streets?

The Guardian are quoting a guy who has been predicting this coup for months, saying he thinks it's an officer or colonel-level coup and that the army may well be split on this. If that's the case, it may well get ugly and ultimately fail. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Guardian are quoting a guy who has been predicting this coup for months, saying he thinks it's an officer or colonel-level coup and that the army may well be split on this. If that's the case, it may well get ugly and ultimately fail. 

It has to be as Erdogan decapitated the army years ago and installed a whole bunch of islamic leaning puppets.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

HDP have condemned the coup, surprisingly. This may not succeed, especially given the sheer amount of people who have hit the streets in protest against it.

I think all the parties have now come out against the coup

Looking like it'll fail

Interesting from Reddit live thread:

"0206 EEST announcement from mosque:

Sayın Cumhurbaşkanımız ve Diyanet işleri başkanımızın emri ile, taşkınlık yapmadan tüm halkımızı şehir meydanlarına davet ediyoruz.

[English]

With the order of our president and religious body we are asking all of our public to go to city centers."

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Colleague of mine currently on holiday in Turkey,  hopefully he stays safe. He is actually Turkish but has gone on a British package holiday 

A friend of mine is also on holiday with his two sons (at least I assume he is - I don't think he pulled out after the airport thing a couple of weeks ago).

Â