Turkish Coup

StanBalaban

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

The Turkish army always give the country back. As you rightly said in your first post, they are ironically the guardians of secular democracy who are occasionally forced to hit reset. 

If, IF this comes off, its bloody excellent news.

Certainly what they've done before protecting Atatürk's legacy. We can but hope. Turkey is unusually proud of it's constitution, and Erdogan mocks it. He needs to go.

I'd sooner the military didn't do it though either way.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Certainly what they've done before protecting Atatürk's legacy. We can but hope. Turkey is unusually proud of it's constitution, and Erdogan mocks it. He needs to go.

I'd sooner the military didn't do it though either way.

ya... this all too alike the Egyptian situation. A clear religious asshat in charge who really needed to be removed and who was actively working to subvert the democratic constitution, but it has ended up anything but well there. Fingers crossed for Turkey.

Will be information warfare coming from both sides until things are clear, but the Turkish army is very big and very organised. If they are all on board then Erdogan is done. 

Saudis will be crushed, this knacks them completely in Syria. 

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Main TV station taken off air. All money transactions stopped.

Army have said they have taken full control.

Hoping your Mates are cool.

• Like 1

per sky news, Russian foreign minister Lavrov who just had a long chat with Kerry today, said approx: no bloodshed please and things should be sorted within constitutional framework. No condemnation though.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

Turkish intelligence building blacked out.

Ruling party asking for supporters to hit the streets to 'protect democracy'

Wow, what a night 

Yes they are. There is an 'end of days' feel in my old neighbourhood. People withdrew money and are just buying everyone beers. 

Are you currently in the UK?

Â