Aston Villa Fixtures 16/17 Fixtures Discussion Thread

Demitri_C

**** the be all and end all of the PL. I'm looking forward to next season. If RDM pulls some decent signing out of the hat, which I think he will, we won't fear anyone next season.

That makes a change from looking down the fixture list thinking:

"United - Definite Loss.

Arsenal - That one's a pumping.

City - No chance there.

Liverpool - Yep, that's a loss.

Spurs - abject defeat...

Chelsea - we'll bend over and take one there..."

etc etc...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Waiting for the inevitable messing around by TV- does Sky put football league matches ever on Monday nights? I believe they do some on Friday nights, not sure if Monday as well.

Usual two dates are Friday night and Sat lunchtime (to go up against BT's prem game).

Very rarely do they show any on Sundays due to the prem games although probably some of our derby games will be moved.

They did have the odd Thursday game last season.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Usual two dates are Friday night and Sat lunchtime (to go up against BT's prem game).

Very rarely do they show any on Sundays due to the prem games although probably some of our derby games will be moved.

They did have the odd Thursday game last season.

Yes, surely the only reason we are on TV that first Sunday is because the be all and end all almighty Premier League doesn't start until the next week

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Living in London I love a Sunday fixture. I normally do sod all on a Sunday, so it means I get the rest of my weekend free and get to do the thing I love most on a Sunday. 

OT I know but surely living in London you have about 10,000,000 choices of things to do on a Sunday ?

Try Bewdley mate ! theres only so many times you can go on the choo-choo.

21 hours ago, limpid said:

jtIlOkD.jpg

Consider it a cloaking device..........I live in mortal fear that one day the population of the West Midlands will realise what is on their doorstep and it will all be ruined !!!

• Like 1

On 23/06/2016 at 14:13, terrytini said:

OT I know but surely living in London you have about 10,000,000 choices of things to do on a Sunday ?

Try Bewdley mate ! theres only so many times you can go on the choo-choo.

Yeah but I tend to chill on a Sunday. Like God. At the same time I don't mind being "forced" to go and have a few pints and watch the Villa with our kid. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So the Forest match on the 10th of september was changed to the 9th? I booked a hotel for the 10th over this past weekend.

Where are you seeing this?