Aston Villa Fixtures 16/17 Fixtures Discussion Thread

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Another **** away game on the first day? This is the 6th season in a row.

Interestingly we've won the last 3.  Shame that was as good as it got each season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Interestingly we've won the last 3.  Shame that was as good as it got each season.

Yep they were proper false dawns especially the Arsenal away win. I was convinced coming out of that game we were going to have a really good season.

Would be happy with a point at Sheffield.

Would much rather win the back to back home games as we really need to start to make VP a difficult ground for away games especially as a lot of them will just come to defend.

We should be looking for 10-15 home wins this season which should put us up there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

A snoop on an owls forum and they seem quite pleased to have us first game. Relegated team, not adapted to the league, in front of the sky cameras and a full house they reckon.  They're feeling confident.

they could have potential play-off hangover themselves so interesting game

In the CHampionship teams who have a good season one year can easily have a bad one the next. Even within a season, you'll often see teams flying up until around Christmas and then by the end of the season they're not that far from the relegation places. That can happen in any division but seems to happen more often in the Championship, I guess because there's that many games.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I'm actually excited now looking at those fixtures. Would love to got to Hillsborough but doubt I'll get a ticket. 

It's been so long since I've been to an away game I've forgotten how this works. Not being a s/t holder, and living in Yorkshire, I assume I have no chance of getting a ticket. But if the Villa allocation happens not to sell out, is there any chance of getting in the Villa end on the turnstiles? 

27th August

September

Sat 10th September

Tue 13th September

Sat 17th September

Sat 24th September

Wed 28th September

Look at Newcastles fixtures for September, very difficult indeed for them

Edited by Demitri_C

We got a brand new website, yet fixtures nowhere to be found on it.

edit - found them, but they arent so straightforward to find.

Edited by Junxs

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's been so long since I've been to an away game I've forgotten how this works. Not being a s/t holder, and living in Yorkshire, I assume I have no chance of getting a ticket. But if the Villa allocation happens not to sell out, is there any chance of getting in the Villa end on the turnstiles? 

Good question that I'd like to know the answer to too, being in a similar position to you. 

I honestly don't think tickets will be a problem for you guys you might have to get them posted from Villa rather than pay on the day.   There are some big away allocations so it will go to general sale.

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I honestly don't think tickets will be a problem for you guys you might have to get them posted from Villa rather than pay on the day.   There are some big away allocations so it will go to general sale.

From past experience, they don't like selling away end tickets to people in the local area - fear of troublemakers. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

From past experience, they don't like selling away end tickets to people in the local area - fear of troublemakers. 

Leeds is one of the grounds I've had to get creative wanting an away ticket.

A few times I've reverted to buying a home ticket, then marching up to a cluster of police and stewards outside and announcing I've been bought a ticket but my mum has bought it in the wrong end and how do I swap.

Leeds, no questions, steward just marched me through a side gate and pushed me in the away end with a 'wrong' home ticket.

Drove to Glasgow without a ticket once, Celtic, the police said you'll be fine in with the home fans. Ten minutes in to the game when two of us stood and shouted for the other team with our little flag the stewards came in and tried to grab us. Celtic fans around us basically fought them off and said we were with them! Police came around later, waved us over to them and politely asked us to go in the away section, which we did.

Been in the home fans end at Cardiff to watch the Villa, horrible experience, proper 1970's and 80's coin throwing. Been in the Holte End for Cardiff and Swansea games, all fine. Been in with the Villa away at Swansea and thought I was going to get battered by psychos convinced I was some sort of spy (!?!).