Aston Villa Fixtures 16/17 Fixtures Discussion Thread

Demitri_C

23 hours ago, Kingman said:

Have anymore Sky TV games been announced yet?

First game vs Sheffield Wednesday will be on Sky as will League Cup Fixture vs Luton a few days later, presumably in front of a record low attendance.

46 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

First game vs Sheffield Wednesday will be on Sky as will League Cup Fixture vs Luton a few days later, presumably in front of a record low attendance.

You what m8? Wish I could post that ginger kid!

30 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

You what m8? Wish I could post that ginger kid!

Maybe having it as your avatar would be more apt.

I will correct myself however, the Luton match is away. Regardless it is on Sky, as is Wednesday match.

Sky have only announced the first round of televised league fixtures at the moment. 

Edited by Holtern8

I genuinly had a dream the other night that we lost 3-0 on the first day to Wednesday and clearly recall Richards scoring a stupid own goal for there third , Villa fans were booing loudly and it felt like last Season all over again.

Nightmare more like.

Edited by dounavilla

9 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I genuinly had a dream the other night that we lost 3-0 on the first day to Wednesday and clearly recall Richards scoring a stupid own goal for there third , Villa fans were booing loudly and it felt like last Season all over again.

Nightmare more like.

I had a dream about a week ago we were winning against Wednesday 1-2 but they scored two late goals to win 3-2 :angry:

We are so use to losing that we now expect it. Fletcher is a good signing for them so this won't be easy. Be happy with a point. I think the only two fixtures we could have got that were more difficult was Newcastle or blose away. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We are so use to losing that we now expect it. Fletcher is a good signing for them so this won't be easy. Be happy with a point. I think the only two fixtures we could have got that were more difficult was Newcastle or blose away. 

I agree with the first of those two but the other one has three points written all over it for us :).  

9 hours ago, John said:

I agree with the first of those two but the other one has three points written all over it for us :).  

Yeah as we are such a great team at present! Would have been a difficult fixture first game you could maybe add derby.  In a way im glad to play these games early build some momentum early as noone really performs excellently to begin with

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah as we are such a great team at present! Would have been a difficult fixture first game you could maybe add derby.  In a way im glad to play these games early build some momentum early as noone really performs excellently to begin with

We are not as bad as they are. Their ground was some way from being a fortress last season and a trip there is not quite comparable with a trip to Arsenal or Manchester City last season for example. I understand where you are coming from but when we start worrying about starting the season at their place then we really have accepted the division we are in is one on which we are not much better than the rest. I still hope we are a cut above and can prove it at Sheffield. I would also take a point there on the first day but I still think this is a harder test than a trip to Small Heath.  

You don't need to win every game down there. It's possible to lose 16 games for example and still win the league with 90 points, lots of points to play for.

I'd be o.k with a point in Sheffield, more important we win the two back to back home games imo.

When Newcastle walked the league in 09/10 they started with a 1-1 draw away to West Brom.

• 2 weeks later...