Jo Cox MP

Davkaus

Yep - Jo Cox. 

Campaigning suspended by both sides for the time being.

Idiots on both sides of the debate already using it for political capital on social media. Makes you sick.

Shot three times including once in the head, and stabbed as well...Hard to see someone surviving that. What a **** piece of shit, I hope he enjoys rotting in prison for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Shot three times including once in the head, and stabbed as well...Hard to see someone surviving that. What a **** piece of shit, I hope he enjoys rotting in prison for the rest of his life.

Apparently kicked her in the face after as well. 

He should be hanged.

41 is no age to die. Seeing the amount of shootings overseas almost desensitises it when I see them every other day, to see this on our shores is so upsetting though.

I suspect the Euro issue is a red herring. The guy is a psycho, like the Orlando shooter.

Absolutely. The bloke is a nutter. There's no rationale, no matter how strongly you feel about this decision, it's not worth killing for. He's **** mental. One day he'll look in the mirror and realise he robbed two children of their mother. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I suspect the Euro issue is a red herring. The guy is a psycho, like the Orlando shooter.

I think you have to be in some way disturbed to shoot and seemingly execute a woman in the street.

But I also don't think you kill your MP without a motive of some kind, whether a psychopath or not. Perhaps if you were truly mentally disturbed, schizophrenic or delusional in some other way. I suspect it'll turn out he did have a political motive of some sort.

• Like 1

He may not have been after her. He also attacked a 77 year old man, and Jo Cox died on the street, not in her office. She may have been trying to save the old guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He may not have been after her. He also attacked a 77 year old man, and Jo Cox died on the street, not in her office. She may have been trying to save the old guy.

Sounds like it was the other way around ? the old guy was trying to save her ?

Agreed. Should also probably split out to its own thread, as even if the shout was real and it was 'Britain First', that isn't necessarily a referendum only concern - it's a far right group with wider connotations than just anti-EU positions.

It may transpire it was politically motivated, and witness reports seem to suggest that, but his political beliefs aren't the reason Jo Cox has been murdered. The over riding reason for that is this guy was an evil, hateful nutter.

I had heard little of Jo Cox before this but I have to say it seems she was liked and highly respected on all sides and was someone with real compassion. Such a tragic waste.

As discussed in the EU referendum thread.

Theres been no comment officially on the motive, so all we know is a Jo Cox was shot and stabbed to death by a man on the street. Eye witnesses suggested he shot her in the head as she lay on the ground.

It's been suggested the man shouted  'Britain First' as he shot her. Britain First are a militant far right nationalist group, with all the usual connotations that has. It's not been confirmed, but his name has come out and there are numerous things being revealed about his background that don't make that cry unlikely.

This is a terrible tragedy ultimately. To kill a woman, who had a young family, in the street whilst doing her job, is the act of a madman. Whether or comes to be that that madness was clinical, or driven by poisonous ideology, will become clear soon.

• Like 1

Â