Jo Cox MP

Davkaus

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The more that's discovered about the man the less the Britain First thing matters I feel. There's an increasing pile of concern behind him whether he shouted that or not IMO.

In the context of the murder , then no 

in the context of media  writing articles saying it's not the fault of the exit campaign,  BUT .... then the Britain first thing ( and all that is following ) has a rather sinister feel to it.... Many of the people I've seen on the web jumping on this were the same people jumping on Trump over his comments following Orlando .... It seems the argument is tailored to fit the side sometimes ...

edit - seems awol beat me to it ....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Unambiguously an act of terrorism as far as I'm concerned,

Yes. He's remanded in Belmarsh, hopefully with some interesting cell mates. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2016 at 13:34, hogso said:

Seems she received 'malicious communications' from another person, whom was arrested and accepted a police caution. Almost certainly not unusual for an MP, and unlikely to be connected to her murder, but it does come months after female MPs said security was a 'key concern' when surveyed.

She seems like one the 'good guys', a million miles from the top brass of politics we see in the media day in, day out. It's a shame her good work and reputation has only come to light, outside of her constituency at least, after her murder. It makes me wonder how many other MPs across the nation are similarly well thought of.

I live in Tooting, Khan is/was very well thought of. Should be a great Mayor. 

28 minutes ago, zak said:

I live in Tooting, Khan is/was very well thought of. Should be a great Mayor. 

already broke his tube fares promise and then hid behind ambiguous words  so seems to know the game already

On 17/06/2016 at 13:34, hogso said:

Seems she received 'malicious communications' from another person, whom was arrested and accepted a police caution. Almost certainly not unusual for an MP, and unlikely to be connected to her murder, but it does come months after female MPs said security was a 'key concern' when surveyed.

She seems like one the 'good guys', a million miles from the top brass of politics we see in the media day in, day out. It's a shame her good work and reputation has only come to light, outside of her constituency at least, after her murder. It makes me wonder how many other MPs across the nation are similarly well thought of.

Not to belittle a genuinely 'malicious communication', but the way society and Theresa May's internet has gone these days, that term has been watered down to be pretty much anything that wasn't a compliment, if the mood takes.  And that's precisely why the lazy use of terms like 'terrorism' and 'malicious' for things that don't qualify is dangerous for when they do.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
Â