Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

After today, eleven games into the season, the Villa manager should, by now, be getting to the stage whereby he will know his best team and system. We should also start to see signs of the team coming together as a unit with results improving.

That has to happen on the pitch and translate to points on the league table rather than just words to the press.

Seen some criticism of the forwards not being clinical enough. Well that should also apply to the manager in his team selections in getting the right balance between attack and defence in the first half of games and tactically when trying to close those games out.

I have a lot of doubts about Di Matteo given results so far this season and recent performances but he remains our manager so I do hope starting today he starts to prove me and a fair few others wrong and rams my doubting words down my throat.

Three points are a must today and we are more than capable of getting them as long as the manager gets back to sending us out playing positively on the front foot right from the get go.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have a lot of doubts about Di Matteo given results so far this season and recent performances but he remains our manager so I do hope starting today he starts to prove me and a fair few others wrong and rams my doubting words down my throat.

Three points are a must today and we are more than capable of getting them as long as the manager gets back to sending us out playing positively on the foot front right from the get go.

I fear you'll be sorely disappointed 

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

I fear you'll be sorely disappointed 

Every time we fail to win I am disappointed mate especially given I think we have a squad capable of finishing in the top 6. I have given Di Matteo a decent kicking since Tuesday. It is again match day though and he remains our manager so unless events prove otherwise I will be hopeful today is the day we can start to turn things around. I'll deal with the disappointment if it comes again. Like all of us I am used to that.

Edited by markavfc40

@Richard I was putting it mildly mate. You are right I think we are all sick to the back to the teeth of feeling gutted come full time. Let's hope the man who has the biggest influence over that ensures we don't feel that way today. If he doesn't then he could, and for me should, be done here.

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Every time we fail to win I am disappointed mate especially given I think we have a squad capable of finishing in the top 6. I have given Di Matteo a decent kicking since Tuesday. It is again match day though and he remains our manager so unless events prove otherwise I will be hopeful today is the day we can start to turn things around. I'll deal with the disappointment if it comes again. Like all of us I am used to that.

I don't think the squad is anywhere near good enough for the top 6. We have a lot of attacking players who have good qualities, sadly everything behind the attack is seriously flawed

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The football blues play isn't 90 mins of pressure 

true but they will be at least fired up from the kick off,

though they were last season and still couldnt beat us :lol:

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't think the squad is anywhere near good enough for the top 6. We have a lot of attacking players who have good qualities, sadly everything behind the attack is seriously flawed

I disagree. I think played to its strengths then it is comfortably good enough. This league is poor and every other squad has flaws and is unbalanced or seriously lacks quality in some, or in all, areas.

Whether like me, and the manager as it happens, you believe the squad is good enough for top 6 then it being nowhere near it at this stage is the managers fault for not getting the best out of the squad he has assembled. Or if like you who think the squad is nowhere near good enough for top 6 then again that is the managers fault as he had a fortune to spend and pretty much a free hand over who he retained from what he inherited. If he hasn't assembled a squad capable of finishing top 6 given some of the crap in this league then he has failed miserably. Like I said I don't believe that to be the case though.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Three points are a must today and we are more than capable of getting them as long as the manager gets back to sending us out playing positively on the front foot right from the get go.

I agree but it would take a lot more than three points today to even begin to change my view.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I disagree. I think played to its strengths then it is comfortably good enough. This league is poor and every other squad has flaws and is unbalanced or seriously lacks quality in some, or in all, areas.

Whether like me, and the manager as it happens, you believe the squad is good enough for top 6 then it being nowhere near it at this stage is the managers fault for not getting the best out of the squad he has assembled. Or if like you who think the squad is nowhere near good enough for top 6 then again that is the managers fault as he had a fortune to spend and pretty much a free hand over who he retained from what he inherited. If he hasn't assembled a squad capable of finishing top 6 given some of the crap in this league then he has failed miserably. Like I said I don't believe that to be the case though.

I think RDM did a very bad job with recruitment over the summer, this will be the reason he will be unemployed before November

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

Even if that is true, which I don't think it is, he is must take a lot of responsibility for that.

• Like 1

Â