E3 2016

Chindie

The last Guardian has an actual release date colour me surprised, apparently it's the only thing from their conference out this year though. They still had a great line up, and probably "won" E3.

@Chindie Except Resident Evil 7, but I suppose that isn't a PS4 exclusive anyway. That is a full Resident Evil game when it launches January 24th 2017 and can be played from start to finish in VR. It's the only full VR game they showed though. 

Edited by Daweii

Hence 'pretty much everything' they showed for VR being an 'experience', as I said. I even note Resi later as potentially being interesting. Not really something for me but might be a success for some.

I watched the conference this morning and paid attention.

The guys making Gears 4 have commented that the Xbox One S does have extra grunt over the original console, seemingly. They've said that they've been able to use the extra power to cut less corners with reference to frame rate and resolution in more intense sections of the game... Therefore if devs can make exploit it, games might run better on the slim.

It's not a shocker that it is more powerful, the switch to being able to handle 4k and HDR had to mean some boost somewhere, how much the average person will notice is anyone's guess though.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's not a shocker that it is more powerful, the switch to being able to handle 4k and HDR had to mean some boost somewhere, how much the average person will notice is anyone's guess though.

I'd say very little. The average person wouldn't be able to notice the difference between Xbone and PS4, I think it's unlikely that the boost the S has will bring the Xbox to the same level as PS4 still. 

Oh I don't mean it's going to bridge the gap at all. I'm just saying it is a little more powerful. The average consumer isn't going to notice a slightly steadier frame rate and less dynamic resolution shenanigans.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daweii said:

Didn't show GT.. GT is nothing these days. It was great back when it was one of the only racing sims on earth, but now every platform has like 3 or 4 of them it's not special anymore.

Seems bizarre.  I wonder if they are saving it for Gamescom or something?   Gran Turismo has always sold best in Europe as far as I'm aware so maybe they think it will hit harder over here, I refuse to believe it won't get showcased somewhere. 

Gran Turismo was briefly shown in their closing montage. They recently had an event for it and they had other things to show off, so it's not a shocker they didn't give it proper time on stage. It'll have a decent presence on the show floor I guess.

Edited by Chindie

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

isnt GT sport just like the previous prologue games (even if they are claiming this has more features) its not a full blown GT game

They're claiming they could have called it GT7 so it apparently is a full title. Apparently.

The event they held a month back did have some suggest it was a bit... undercooked. Like corners were cut somehow. So who knows.

GT isn't what it was though. 20 years ago it was king. But it's been outdone by a more interesting direct competitor in Forza, by better motorsport titles from Codemasters, and by better out and out simulators in Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. GT is all a bit dry and dull and they take forever making them and then do things like copy pasting models from older games with bare minimum effort.

All the Rockstar rumours fell through then. Not a complete shock as they basically don't 'do' E3, but given given how heavy the rumours were you'd expect something from them.

I guess the solid bet is them to announce something in the not to distant future of their own accord. The stuff on the last few Computer Game Podcast episodes suggested whatever they would announce, the first thing they'd come out with would be slightly disappointing...

Be interesting to hear Giant Bombs traditional predictions podcast they do every year before the show and reveal after, Jeff is often on the money and gets gossip, and this seemed to be a year were everything was being discussed weeks beforehand.

Edit - should add that GAF ITK suggested that an RDR teaser was to be Sony's show closer featuring a saloon shootout, but was pulled for fears of it being in poor taste, they quickly rearranged their Days Gone footage to cover the gap which would explain why that reveal and gameplay was so disjointed...

Edited by Chindie

Â