E3 2016

Chindie

vwMin.gif

E3 is nearly here and rumours and leaks are everywhere. New hardware! Maybe. Shock reveals! Maybe. And whatnot.

Sony may announce the Neo console update, and presumably show some of the titles announced last year and desperately not say the words 'No Man's Sky'.

Microsoft will allegedly be showing a slim Xbox, and possibly other devices, unlikely to be their own update console though. They will also certainly double down on unified Windows platform and PC cross platform stuff. And they'll reveal Forza Horizon 3. Which'll be good.

Nintendo may as well not bother. They're bringing new Zelda, which is a big thing, but nothing else. The Wii U is dead and has been for a long old while, and Zelda is cross platform now with the NX, but they're only showing Wii U Zelda so straight away you know you're not even seeing the best iteration of the title.

Elsewhere, Ubisoft will be their usual nuts self, with Ghost Recon Wildlands certainly getting some time on stage, Rockstar is rumoured to be showing off something somewhere (unusual for them), and EA's conference will be shit, with the same FIFA 15 mins as every year and only Mass Effect in with a shot of saving it.

So... this year's e3 is either going to be dreadful given how many companies just don't care anymore, or it might be a fairly exciting one with the big players essentially announcing the end of traditional generations of consoles.

We'll know in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Chindie

I'm hoping it's going to be an exciting one with lots of new hardware announced.

I'm also interested in what 343i have in store for Halo 5. Credit to them, since the game has been launched there's been free DLC every month with loads of added maps and gametypes. I'm hoping they will announce that the free DLC will continue, as it really does help a games longevity when everyone has access to the same maps.  Though, I think i'm the only fan of Halo on this forum.

Hopefully see some new Battlefield stuff too, some multiplayer gameplay would be nice.

Also hoping for a release date for "Inside". 

The game that suffered from crazy Assassins Creed 1 syndrome and will likely be vastly better on its second time out? Yeah I remember Watch_Dogs. The game itself wasn't that bad it just felt largely unfinished likely because UbiSoft underestimated the extra time current-gen would require. It's the exact same thing that happened to Assassins Creed 1 and we all know how much love that series gained in the end.

I think people might be getting tired of the Ubisoft open world format which I'll be shocked if they markedly change.

I also don't think you can immediately assume that it'll follow in Assassin's Creed's footsteps. It might be better - doesn't necessarily mean it's going to become a new Assassin's Creed.

Which is all by the by as my point was more that Watchdogs wasn't a game people engaged with terribly well, it's been pretty much forgotten. It's not a shock that they're bringing out a sequel, but equally it's not something that would be on more or less anyone's list for a sequel.

I honestly didn't think they would bother with a Watchdogs sequel. The most memorable thing about that game was the E3 demo of it, which looked absolutely stunning..... and then the game actually got released and looked nothing like it.  

Watchdogs 2 is definitely a game to purchase after the reviews for it come out. 

I think people might be getting tired of the Ubisoft...

They seem to just do games that look flashy and have a great presentation that ultimately score 7/10 rather than being anything special

The division being the latest

Operation flashpoint looks great, that hack and slash online game, looks great, has anyone got any confidence in them being great? I haven't, I find it very hard to get excited about anything Ubisoft present at e3

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Hold up everyone. 

Is it called Watchdogs or Watch_Dogs? 

It's Watch Dogs but uses Watch_Dogs predominately in all marketing. 

Dead Rising 4 has leaked. Full remake of the first game with added features and greater scope. Seems to have been one of Microsoft's big surprises.

Nintendo have hinted at more Mario Kart DLC.

Edited by Chindie

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Skyrim remaster talk is bubbling away... I love that game but I've absolutely no interest in a resolution bump rerelease.

Would love that as the PS3 version suffers a bit and I'm not part of the PC master race sadly.

Â