E3 2016

Chindie

guess scorpio will make it easier for the pc crossplay/play anywhere

Play on the xbox one you get it scaled down at 720/900p 30fps, play the same game on the scorpio you get it with the graphics whacked up to the highest settings in 4k 60fps as if you are playing on a 2 grand pc

was watching it on IGN, cut to the 4 blokes on a panel, first comment the game that im most looking forward to on xbox one is cuphead, what does cuphead need scorpio for?

that is my thoughts exactly 

to be fair they should be less worried about VR and 4k and more worried about why cuphead is the best game on the their forthcoming line up...

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dunno, to me it feels like im about to be ripped off or left behind for the sake of VR which ive got no interest in and a 4k TV which i dont own

The iterative thing should mean you're not left behind. VR is being pushed and the consoles as they are can't handle it terribly well, and 4k/HDR is growing, the consoles need to take advantage. Plus by the time this comes out the consoles will be 4 years old, that was getting towards the time previous generations  started to look towards next gen.

Just now, villa4europe said:

was watching it on IGN, cut to the 4 blokes on a panel, first comment the game that im most looking forward to is cuphead, what does cuphead need scorpio for?

that is my thoughts exactly 

But Battlefield on Scorpio will be insane.

Considering how much of a public battering MS have taken since they announced Xbox One in regards to vision and power, it's no shock that they have created this beast. 

I don't think MS will ever be behind in terms of specs again for their Xbox consoles. 

They'll be behind again when Sony do the same thing. The Neo will be behind the Scorpio, in all likelihood, but the console after that would probably leapfrog 12/18/whatever months down the road. Instead of being roughly in order with each other you probably go to a staggered release schedule.

i dont really get or buy in to the notion of "winning" E3 but if sony do what they did last year, announce lots of games, some genuine big hitter surprises then they'll have a better conference

unfortunately i think they'll have the almost inevitable CoD DLC and desperate "we've got it first stuff" some varying quality of indie stuff and loads of VR stuff

not sure whether or not to stay up, dont remember it being so late last year, i thought it was ubisoft who went last

Ubi took EA's old slot hence the change.

I think Microsoft can be fairly happy with that overall. It would have been better without the leaks but most of what they showed looked good at least.

Ubisoft coming up. 

Ghost Recon Wildlands is nailed on. Some posing about the Division probably with DLC discussed. Some talk of the Assassins Creed movie maybe. Shitloads of Watchdogs. Some more For Honour. And because it's Ubisoft there'll be a bunch of weird shit.

When's TGC this year? E3 is just boring as **** now, even without the leaks it would have still been a mix of bland, safe, corporate, tick box game design self congratulatory 'content' driven creepy presentations.

I think I'm done with mainstream gaming now, all the games are the same. It's either hollow 'connected awesomeness', open world or online shooty bang bangs. The new Urban and gritty FIFA Story mode is just the pits. The types of games I enjoy, the games I want, sequels I want or whatever just aren't wanted or loved anymore by the companies that hold the licences to them so I'm left playing the same dull games. How can anyone watching battlefield 1 think it looks anything but generic, unoriginal and cynically designed?

These new mid cycle console releases now just threaten to fracture & splinter an already hate filled and money grabbing industry. May as well just get a PC.

Its safe to say I'm a little disillusioned with gaming, or I need to take a step back.

im sold on GR looks like itll be a far more polished version of mercenaries

mercenaries managed to keep the fun element through the repetition, that would be my main concern, cant see this having a bit of daftness which later on it might need

Â