E3 2016

Chindie

Oh, they'll show Gran Turismo.  It will never again be the behemoth it was in the PS1 and PS2 days, diminishing returns on driving game graphics have put paid to that, but it's still one of the biggest video game names associated with PlayStation. Not having it at their press conference would be weird.  

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Oh, they'll show Gran Turismo.  It will never again be the behemoth it was in the PS1 and PS2 days, diminishing returns on driving game graphics have put paid to that, but it's still one of the biggest video game names associated with PlayStation. Not having it at their press conference would be weird.  

Didn't show GT.. GT is nothing these days. It was great back when it was one of the only racing sims on earth, but now every platform has like 3 or 4 of them it's not special anymore.

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 remastered for PS4 'from the ground up'. I can't say I'm excited about that, really. Gimme Spyro. Activision also hold the license for it, so if Crash does well, it could happen.

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

4K60 is pushing it for Scorpio. It's only a diddy 6 TeraFLOP system. The 9 TeraFLOP GTX 1080 can only manage 4K60 on high graphics, it can't even max them out. Might pay to temper your expectations for 4K on Scorpio just a tad. It will be powerful but just like Microsoft boasted Xbox One could do 1080p60, Scorpio won't be doing 4K60 and if anything the majority of its experiences will be 1440p or lower if they want uber insane graphics. 

MS are pretty adamant that it's going to be a native 4K gaming machine. I can't see them making this much noise about having a 4k gaming system, and then when the time comes actually say "eeerr sorry, we didn't realise it needed more power". They must be able to optimize it somehow. 

15 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Days Gone is like a wet dream for Daryl Dixon fans. If only they'd got the TWD licence.

He's naked in Death Stranding, I'll think you'll find that is a Daryl Dixon wet dream

It looks completely mental too, invisible baby, dead whales, wtf. It's nice to see Kojima has obviously been given free reign. Well, it might turn out to be utterly shit, but it'll be an experience, of that i have no doubt.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

MS are pretty adamant that it's going to be a native 4K gaming machine. I can't see them making this much noise about having a 4k gaming system, and then when the time comes actually say "eeerr sorry, we didn't realise it needed more power". They must be able to optimize it somehow. 

4K can be done. Just not at the highest settings like the post I quoted was hoping for. 4K60 could probably be done at low/medium settings but it depends just what low/medium equates to visually. 4K is a goal, a dream for some but it's a very very demanding gaming resolution. It wouldn't be the first time Microsoft have overstated the resolution and frame rate their console is meant to hit. I hope they can hit 4K and do with ease, but it's hard to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogso said:

He's naked in Death Stranding, I'll think you'll find that is a Daryl Dixon wet dream

It looks completely mental too, invisible baby, dead whales, wtf. It's nice to see Kojima has obviously been given free reign. Well, it might turn out to be utterly shit, but it'll be an experience, of that i have no doubt.

We'll find out in about 5 years when he finishes it. He's yet to find a graphics engine to use for the game so he hasn't even started it yet, this trailer is all that exists of the whole game.. It's gonna be a while.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Was Neo not spoken of last night then? 

No Neo. 

Though Sony still had what I consider to be the best conference through sheer games alone and they made PSVR look like a must have item for every PS4 gamer, but no talk of the new console unfortunately. 

I am hearing rumblings that Sony confirmed Neo in a press statement as to not show it at E3 so they can go back to the drawing board, as with Microsoft having confirmed that Xbox Scorpio is real and that it is vastly more powerful than the rumoured Neo specs it seems Sony are panicking a bit with that. 

Pretty much everything VR Sony showed was an 'experience'. Little more than proof of concept demos. I'm actually surprised they didn't make more of it in truth.

But overall Sony did have a good conference. There were lot of great looking titles there. God of War looks like a revitalisation of the series, Horizon looked great, new Spiderman has great potential bad costume choice aside, Kojima is cooking up something bizarre like only he can, Days Gone has potential, and Resi could be interesting I guess.

days gone for me will depend on the story, if its the last of us lite with world war z type set pieces then it'll smash it out of the park, if its dead rising with guns then it'll be nothing special

and i think the greatest surprise last night was how long it took me to realise that it was a CoD game

Edited by villa4europe

Â