What teams do you support besides Villa?

Denis242

22 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Malmo FF. Follow some teams in other leagues like Frankfurt, Napoli and Bilbao but wouldn't call it support.

Cork City FC, League of Ireland.Pwned Malmo in Europe big time back in the naughties.

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Cork City FC, League of Ireland.Pwned Malmo in Europe big time back in the naughties.

Googled it. Was 2004, times fly by. Malmo played in the group stages of the Champions League the last two seasons. How did it go for Cork in Europe? ;)

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Googled it. Was 2004, times fly by. Malmo played in the group stages of the Champions League the last two seasons. How did it go for Cork in Europe? ;)

Not great, though I suspect City will do better in Europe this year then Malmo B) 

• Like 1

On 25 May 2016 at 18:24, 007√ said:

San Antonio FC. Brand new USL club here in the States, which is essentially my home town (live in New Braunfels and San Antonio is a 15 minute drive). So, that would now be my home town club.

I also support Borussia Dortmund, just like everything about that club.

SNAKE FARM!

I only support Villa. Although I also follow New York Mets in baseball and New York Jets in gridiron

I do have a soft spot for Bromsgrove Rovers/Sporting too

5 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

SNAKE FARM!

I only support Villa. Although I also follow New York Mets in baseball and New York Jets in gridiron

I do have a soft spot for Bromsgrove Rovers/Sporting too

Lol! And how do you know about that!?

Typically my town is associated with the worlds largest water park, our 2 rivers that flow through the town that people float and drink beer on, as well as our "Wurstfest".

Soft spot for the smaller local (ish ) teams - like Kiddy and Worcester City, Walsall and Burton Albion. 

Nantes - because I loved there for a year so I watched them a few times. 

Racing Santander - where we signed Olly Mellberg from, and I had a tour of the ground there once. 

Although I barely know how well they did last year so it's not exactly a strong following.

• Like 1

Carlisle, as my dad and his family are from there. Been to a few league games over the years and all of their Football League Trophy finals at Wembley/Cardiff, as well as a brilliant day at the Brittania when they won promotion back to the Football League.

Got a soft spot for Celta Vigo too after they beat us 3-1 in the UEFA Cup in the late 90s - had some terrific players in that team.

Soft spot for:

Brentford (my current local club)

St Pauli (although this is less hipster than it once was)

Vancouver Whitecaps (As I've been there a bunch of times, pre-MLS)

Used to support Rangers until I worked out what a vile club they were. Now I follow Third Lanark.

18 hours ago, 007√ said:

Lol! And how do you know about that!?

Typically my town is associated with the worlds largest water park, our 2 rivers that flow through the town that people float and drink beer on, as well as our "Wurstfest".

I drove from San Antonio to Dallas last October and saw it from the I35

38 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

I drove from San Antonio to Dallas last October and saw it from the I35

ah ha, that makes sense. Well you had to have gone through my home town if you stayed on I35.

I'm Villa through and through but I do hold soft spots for my (old) local teams, AFC Telford and Shrewsbury Town. If you're from either town you might find it strange to support both, well I don't support Shrewsbury but I do look out for their results. It's good to see the local teams do well, sometimes. I used to watch Telford quite a bit when they were in the old conference, cheap tickets and I could walk home. 

Since I moved to South Yorkshire, I've really struggled to find a local team that I feel any connection with. I have tried, I've thought it a good idea to go and watch some championship games. But I just can't bring myself to watch anyone else but Villa. It feels like cheating. But with an ugly munter.

One of my neighbours (Barnsley fan) asked if I'd be doing to Oakwell if they go up. I said as I'm not a season ticket holder, sadly not. He said I'll get you a ticket in the home support.... I nearly threw up! The thought of sitting with opposition fans watching Villa, no way! That would be impossible for me.

Edited by It's Your Round

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I'm Villa through and through but I do hold soft spots for my (old) local teams, AFC Telford and Shrewsbury Town. If you're from either town you might find it strange to support both, well I don't support Shrewsbury but I do look out for their results. It's good to see the local teams do well, sometimes. I used to watch Telford quite a bit when they were in the old conference, cheap tickets and I could walk home. 

I always found the old Buck's Head to be a charming ground, before they revamped it. I saw them play Spartak Moscow in a midweek December friendly in the late 90's. Great stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I always found the old Buck's Head to be a charming ground, before they revamped it. I saw them play Spartak Moscow in a midweek December friendly in the late 90's. Great stuff.

Yeah it was a decent little place, I always remember the FA cup game against Notts County. The MOTD cameras were there and me and my mate were on TV, stood on the terrace against the yellow rails, camera panned past for about 3 seconds but it felt great back then B)

• Like 1

Socceroos and Brisbane Roar.

Just watched the friendly with England. Proud of their effort, and England played well too.

Southampton... used to go to the Dell with my Dad a fair bit when I was younger when his mate didn't use his season tickets, so I keep an eye out for them, but that's about it. Got to see a lot of LeTissier at his peak, which was a sight to behold.

Â