What teams do you support besides Villa?

Denis242

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Scunthorpe (As well as wearing claret & blue, it was where I was born. Yes, I know this raises serious questions regarding my username).

Be honest, you were just testing the swear word filter :) 

• Like 3

My 'backup teams' goes as far as looking for their results but, much like a Man City 'fan' from America, I couldn't name a single player!

Tranmere Rovers - simply because I STILL feel for them a bit due to THAT semi-final!

Shrewsbury Town - town I was brought up in largely, and my school overlooked the Gay Meadow so, as my mum worked there, I could watch games for free sometimes ;)

Lincoln City - My 'true' second team, only other football shirt I own but that's partially because it had my Uni's logo on too (despite having long since left)

AFC Wimbledon - purely because I want them to get above MK Dons - still can't believe that was allowed to happen.

Internationally... Sweden - Mellberg!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 007√ said:

San Antonio FC. Brand new USL club here in the States, which is essentially my home town (live in New Braunfels and San Antonio is a 15 minute drive). So, that would now be my home town club.

I also support Borussia Dortmund, just like everything about that club.

I am currently up in pfuggervile! 

I think the OP could do with changing the question a little. "Support" is surely too strong a word. How can you "support" 5 or 6 different clubs? I'd wager that support doesn't extend too far beyond taking an interest in their results.

Edited by One For The Road

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I think the OP could do with changing the question a little. "Support" is surely too strong a word. How can you "support" 5 or 6 different clubs? I'd wager that support doesn't extend too far beyond taking an interest in their results.

Yes I didn't mean it like that.

It's between support and interest. ;)

Interest is not strong enough I think.

You do have interest in the results of small heath, but that's not the point.

Edited by Denis242

Chelsea!

I know, I know, but my parents are season ticket holders and its difficult to not join in with the fans when you are there. Dont really care when im not at games though. Then again, i do hope they do well in Europe though, means i sometimes get a good trip out of it, Athletico in the Semis a few years ago was a great trip.

Ah, this old chestnut pops up every now and again.  As paddies we generally (not exclusively but generally) look abroad for our teams because ours are shite in comparison.  Hence the ridicule when Robbie Keane famously supported both Liverpool and Celtic as a boy (that's very very common over here btw).

My other teams, although none come close to Villa in case that's unclear.  Aberdeen, Kaiserslautern & Cremonese.  There are others I have a fondness for, but those 3 are my other mistresses :P 

The one team I do follow almost as closely as Villa are from another discipline entirely.  The Denver Broncos.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

The one team I do follow almost as closely as Villa are from another discipline entirely.  The Denver Broncos.

boooooo hissssss 43-8 booooooooo :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

4 hours ago, Denis242 said:

Yes I didn't mean it like that.

It's between support and interest. ;)

Interest is not strong enough I think.

You do have interest in the results of small heath, but that's not the point.

Personally I have no interest whatsoever in small heaths results but I know what you mean. I just feel support is too strong. For me there is only Aston Villa and England, but even England is far far down the line compared to the Villa.

Â