Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

10 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Somebody in the comments suggests that the AV on the seats is going to be replaced by the Adidas logo? Are they actually serious about that?

It's interesting - the seats aren't really in areas where you'd expect hospitality - so if there a way to get (a good amount) more seats in by removing them and changing the layout?

I guess the replacement of them for logos or similar makes most sense.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Somebody in the comments suggests that the AV on the seats is going to be replaced by the Adidas logo? Are they actually serious about that?

I'd guess Adidas are prepared to pay a lot more to have that than we are to have it say AV - and every decisions this club makes on the stadium is about revenue.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting - the seats aren't really in areas where you'd expect hospitality - so if there a way to get (a good amount) more seats in by removing them and changing the layout?

I'd guess Adidas are prepared to pay a lot more to have that than we are to have it say AV - and every decisions this club makes on the stadium is about revenue.

Yep. It's not far removed from renaming the North Stand the Adidas Stand.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm wondering if they are using that formally betting area at the far left end of T5 as hospitality? Is it big enough? Either way that's my seat gone. Wonder what happens in that case.

Posted (edited)

It’s for safe standing rail seats I believe … I also think they are rejigging the access which will add a few seats from its current layout. The bowl optimisation survey apparently highlighted the inefficiencies of these across the stadium. 

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s for safe standing rail seats I believe … 

It could be yes  but generally speaking when they add rail seating they don't pull the seats out like that and I'm not sure that they'd mentioned the idea of rail seating in the North Stand - only in the Upper Holte and the away end. 

Could be though.

Incidentally, I've heard this summers works described as the most significant development of Villa Park since the Trinity Road stand was built - I don't think we should underplay just how much work is going to be done. A shame that the club aren't feeling like talking about any of it. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Hope they are not increasing capacity by putting in smaller seats 😅

Sponsored by Adidas Running - " Get UP ( And down )  THE VILLA stairs you fat bar stewards! "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sponsored by Adidas Running - " Get UP ( And down )  THE VILLA stairs you fat bar stewards! "

Imagine if it was Kappa, you'd have to be Kate Moss to fit in a seat.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we should underplay just how much work is going to be done. A shame that the club aren't feeling like talking about any of it. 

It is baffling the lack of social media content across all the platforms when it comes to the Club projects and infrastructure works. Based on what I’ve seen, apparently only younger people appear to use them based on the output of trash. You would’ve thought TikTok videos on the brookvale academy building, plans for the warehouse, the terrace view fit out would’ve gathered an audience. Social media engagements is one of the tools to measure success and can be leveraged and utilised to show prospective partners in order to get better deals. We have to rely on workmen posting videos to know what is going on … 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I just saw this on Reddit, posted today:

"I got talking at the Hibbs game to the chap in charge of developing Villa Park. He was a few down and was definitely saying more than he should. The plan is to have a terrace view set up all around the ground. Could be that sadly. "

Heck did say that he was adding more 'premium' seating around the ground so makes sense.

• Sad 1

One way to alleviate short to medium term the issues with the upper Witton and north stand is to have less fans using the concourses without decreasing capacity. By repurposing the current boxes in both stands to lounges that have a capacity of say 300 on the north and 600 in the Witton you take away some of the congestion and increase spend per fan. Ordinary fans will be displaced to make way but that’s the fault of the FFP/PSR rules and not much the club can do about it. 

I think the issue with the terrace view is it took away concourse space in the upper Holte. We’ve seen the plans for another terrace view style lounge in the Witton already using boxes which won’t be impacting on the concourse space and can see this being repeated in the north stand as well. It’s actually a good solution in my opinion and should make quite a bit of difference to regular fans in terms of space with less fans using the same concourses. 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And if they're converting the boxes along the site of Witton Lane Stand into a big GA+ lounge they can again fit a load of extra seats in there without impacting existing "normal" seats

That’s my understanding of what’s being done but cannot see how you’d gain extra seats ? You’d just remove 600/800 fans from using the normal general admission concourses who’d be accessing these new GA + lounges. I was told they’ll create a few hundred new seats across the ground simply by altering the layout of the seats and how these are accessed via the current ill thought out walkways. 

They’d also discussed adding a few extra rows to the front of the upper trinity and Holte as you cannot drink alcohol in view of the pitch whilst the game is on and by repurposing the trinity boxes into lounges,  it negates any partial loss of view of the pitch by creating a bigger overhang. Finally by removing the majority of the trinity lower tier super riser that’s another 6 rows of seats along the length of the stand. That your extra 3’000 seats relatively simple and doesn’t require a major rebuild taking us the over 45’000. Once the cost per seat has been maximised then I can see them looking at replacing the north stand. Unless we CPO the shit out of the area I think we are stuck with the Witton but as I said by adding GA+ lounges it will take the pressure of the cramped  concourses somewhat. 

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

That’s my understanding of what’s being done but cannot see how you’d gain extra seats ? You’d just remove 600/800 fans from using the normal general admission concourses who’d be accessing these new GA + lounges. I was told they’ll create a few hundred new seats across the ground simply by altering the layout of the seats and how these are accessed via the current ill thought out walkways. 

They’d also discussed adding a few extra rows to the front of the upper trinity and Holte as you cannot drink alcohol in view of the pitch whilst the game is on and by repurposing the trinity boxes into lounges,  it negates any partial loss of view of the pitch by creating a bigger overhang. Finally by removing the majority of the trinity lower tier super riser that’s another 6 rows of seats along the length of the stand. That your extra 3’000 seats relatively simple and doesn’t require a major rebuild taking us the over 45’000. Once the cost per seat has been maximised then I can see them looking at replacing the north stand. Unless we CPO the shit out of the area I think we are stuck with the Witton but as I said by adding GA+ lounges it will take the pressure of the cramped  concourses somewhat. 

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

The bottom one is the new rail seating isn't it

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thabucks said:

It is baffling the lack of social media content across all the platforms when it comes to the Club projects and infrastructure works. Based on what I’ve seen, apparently only younger people appear to use them based on the output of trash. You would’ve thought TikTok videos on the brookvale academy building, plans for the warehouse, the terrace view fit out would’ve gathered an audience. Social media engagements is one of the tools to measure success and can be leveraged and utilised to show prospective partners in order to get better deals. We have to rely on workmen posting videos to know what is going on … 

It's bizarre. The most information we've gotten about the plans for and around Villa Park within the past year have been from a 3 minute segment of an interview with the President last week, and an article in the NYT where Wes Edens was interviewed: and the focus of the article wasn't even Villa! 

It's such an all round strange situation where we are genuinely begging to be hyped up and teased by something the club are actively working on right now, and for whatever reason the higher ups at Villa are just saying No.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The bottom one is the new rail seating isn't it

Yes but currently the stairs and how fans access there seats is inefficient and by a simple rejig across the ground you’ll add a few hundred extra seats. Thats what I was told anyways by someone who attended a game in the directors lounge and spoke with someone from the club regarding the bowl analysis and what that actually meant. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yes but currently the stairs and how fans access there seats is inefficient and by a simple rejig across the ground you’ll add a few hundred extra seats. Thats what I was told anyways by someone who attended a game in the directors lounge and spoke with someone from the club regarding the bowl analysis and what that actually meant. 

I like the idea of rearranging the layout of some areas as the access to some rows in some stands is difficult 

Posted (edited)

One thing is for sure. No one saw MORE seats going into The North Stand when it's demolition was cancelled 😂

Edited by sidcow

Â