Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

The women can play at Villa Park and the youth teams. Wouldn't mind a game there myself tbh if I could get 21 others, can you imagine your dream of scoring at the holte end coming true..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

Orascom is owned by the Sawiris family

Orascom is a huge company. Was in Egypt in December and talked to my cab driver about Villa and Sawiris.

We drove past whole towns and massive building sites with him pointing out the window and saying "Sawiris, Sawiris, Sawiris...". It's like the family owns half of Egypt 🤣

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Imagine though the first team  no longer playing fn front of the holte end

It's a lot to get your head around

On the other hand, imagine scoring the goal to win a game in front of 60,000 people in a new stadium, that wins us the league. Or being able to buy a drink or go for a piss at half time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

On the other hand, imagine scoring the goal to win a game in front of 60,000 people in a new stadium, that wins us the league. Or being able to buy a drink or go for a piss at half time.

I'd prefer that the first team wasn't able to do this

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, andycv said:

Interestingly all of the new Directors for Aston Villa have been added to be Directors for NSWE Stadium Ltd - the company that brought Villa Park a few years back.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10883540/officers

6 current officers

ANGELAKIS, Michael

Correspondence address
Villa Park, Trinity Road, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B6 6HE
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
April 1964
Appointed on
12 April 2024
Nationality
American
Country of residence
United States
Occupation
Company Director

EDENS, Wesley Robert

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
October 1961
Appointed on
25 July 2018
Nationality
American
Country of residence
United States
Occupation
Businessman

HALL, Chester

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
March 1986
Appointed on
12 April 2024
Nationality
American
Country of residence
United States
Occupation
Company Director

LEBADA, Bashir

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
November 1983
Appointed on
12 April 2024
Nationality
Canadian
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

SAWIRIS, Nassef

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
January 1961
Appointed on
25 July 2018
Nationality
Belgian
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Businessman

WATTERSON, Sarah Louise

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
August 1987
Appointed on
12 April 2024
Nationality
American
Country of residence
United States
Occupation
Company Director

Chester Hall is a great name 

21 minutes ago, Risso said:

I am international fan and I took my kids to Villa Park and the Emirates  over the Xmas holidays.  They are Villa fans but much preferred the Emirates experience. Think the sentimentality towards VP might also be a generational things. The younger crowd want convenience over tradition.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Which is one of the reasons why the future isn’t in bums on seat, it’s all about selling the club to the world not to a few thousand locals. People live their lives on the sofa these days, everything is available on line now, that’s just the way it is and NSWE are savvy enough to realise this. Covid proved that fans at grounds are no longer necessary to keep the money rolling. We need to get ahead of the game not stuck in the mud of the 1970s/80s. Before moving away from Brum I had a season ticket, so I don’t get to games very often now and so I’m probably less bothered about the subject than I was. Ok my situation is not necessarily the same as those who do live within reasonable traveling distance of B6 but the world has changed since I saw my first game at Villa Park when we were a third division club but it has definitely changed a lot and continues to change, with or without my permission. The future isn’t the same as anyone can reliably predict either now or what we thought 20 years ago. So I’m not claiming any wise vision of the future but spending millions or billions of pounds on bricks and mortar infrastructure, I would guess isn’t likely to happen. There has to be a better way and hopefully the decision makers at the club make the right decisions or we could suffer for a long time in the future. I’m reasonably confident that the digns seem right at this important point in our history. At least we’ve stopped appointing rubbish people to run the playing side, which I’d like to think will always remain important no matter what the future holds for us. Aston Villa Football Club will remain a football club for another thousand years. By which time we may have even won the FA Cup again!! Fingers crossed UTV!!!!!

Except that's not true. The future is turning football clubs into massive recreational properties which includes being a concert venue, having Hotels and other amenities, shopping districts and more. That's what is around the bucks arena and that's why Mark Cuban sold 73% of his stake in the Dallas Mavericks for a valuation about a billion lower than it should be because the new owners are a massive resort group. 

You maximise the revenue by making the games the centre piece of an area designed to print money with the additional traffic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

I am international fan and I took my kids to Villa Park and the Emirates  over the Xmas holidays.  They are Villa fans but much preferred the Emirates experience. Think the sentimentality towards VP might also be a generational things. The younger crowd want convenience over tradition.

Yea I agree,  been going to villa park for nearly 40 years and the memories it holds of games, teams, goals, friends and family are ones I will cherish for the rest of my life. Standing in the old holte end when we scored was an unbelievable experience, sadly that's long gone.

There's the build up as well, walking from the pub , club train etc all part of a routine that's hard to let go

........but its getting a bit long in the tooth, trudging past run down scrapyards and empty shops, pubs , wastelands of mud. I will miss it but for villa to prosper, when I'm long gone,  it has to change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would now be fairly confident we are either going to be moving to a new stadium or going for a much more extensive redevelopment of Villa Park to include Witton Lane.

We definitely aren't just going to stay as we are as the poorly communicated December message indicated 

I think it is sometimes difficult to communicate as openly as we might like.  There might have been all kinds of commercial, contractual or political reasons why the club weren't able to expand further on why the NS development was shelved.  It might just have been **** poor communications.  Or it might have been a **** decision.

We will find out eventually.  But I think this is another one of those - there are so many dots that can start to be connected that it seems hard to believe that it is just coincidence.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah as I mentioned earlier, I think this could actually mean the redevelopment goes up to an even larger scale.

With surrounding areas initially not in plan originally now being included for a grander development.

One big question mark over redeveloping Villa Park is how we can cope with 1, 2 (or more) stands being "out of commission" whilst the work is being done.  It's hard (for me anyway) to think how we can maximise our match day revenue during redevelopment.  If VP is redeveloped I think we have to be playing somewhere else in the meantime.  But what other stadia in the area will support crowds of 40,000?

39 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

There we go. That's why we need a new stadium 

Given the recent developments here with Directors named and Orascom project completions etc etc.  Here are my 2 cents to what may be happening:

VP expansion was put on 'hold'.  NSWE wanted to pause the project knowing that there was potential for a larger VP project in the future.  NS owns a large construction company that was not available until recently due to prior commitments- now they can fully commit to working on VP project.  WE has connections from his work with the Bucks at land acquisition and project development- now those parties have been brought on board.  Atarios was brought in as a minority owner to use their funding to assist in the acquisition of real estate, infrastructure etc.  Any business man will tell you that you don't finance projects yourself- you use someone elses money- or you borrow money.  Billionaires/developers don't spend their own money ever on construction- that is how you lose money- the payback period is too far out.  You bring in investors or take out loans and pay the interest on that money instead- and keep your money.

I see AVFC now with all 3 entities in place- funding (Atarios), management for acquisition (new directors), and construction (NS company).  The question is?  What and where?

Either its a larger expansion of VP- I don't see this as likely.  The ground is too restricted by travelways on either side, let alone all the individual homeowners that would need to be bought out.  Relocating roads and buying homes would be a major political endeavor.

A new VP is what I believe will ultimately happen.  An earlier poster showed all the industrial ground adjacent to the new academy AVFC built near VP.  Its an enormous site- that to me seems like an interesting spot to research.  The city has already committed to upgrade the rail stations near VP for the Euros.  Additional car parks can be added with the new stadium.  New commercial and residential development can also be incorporated as well- making it a bit of a destination.  The current VP site can be redeveloped as well as new commercial/residential- or the womens stadium could be located here, along with some commercial.

very exciting times.  UTV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would now be fairly confident we are either going to be moving to a new stadium or going for a much more extensive redevelopment of Villa Park to include Witton Lane.

We definitely aren't just going to stay as we are as the poorly communicated December message indicated 

Or maybe they just want trusted people on a board.

Â